all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Weighted Vest recommendation?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NormanOsborn

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm considering buying a Weighted Vest. When I put up a poll of possible cardio training methods for someone with knee issues, Weighted Vest Walks were the clear winner. With almost double the number of votes of second and third place combined.

However, I've never bought a WV before. Could anyone recommend a brand?

Thank you.

You’ll have to find what’s comfortable for you. I’ve never found a vest I like, but I hurt my rhomboid years ago doing weighted burpees now when I wear a vest it still hurts in that spot. But rucking with a belt strap ruck sack feels fine.

It depends a lot on what kind of weights you want to use.

My Kensui plate loaded vest is not the most comfortable I've ever worn, but it's okay and the ability to use my normal weight plates makes it very flexible.

And if you already own plates, it's cheaper.

Last edited:
This is the one I use. Highly recommend.

I have a ruck from goruck... It's kinda pricey but it is very comfortable

I have knee issues (airborne unit in the army) and ruck marches have done wonders for me... I don't go super heavy (25lbs roughly) but I have never had knee pain during or after!

I have both but I prefer the bagpack, first because my weight vest is only 25 lbs, 2nd bagpacks should help you maintain a proper position with your spine and 3rd because I can use the bagpack also for travelling in the overhead compartment... but..hey! weight vest are cool and the weird looks people throw at you everytime are priceless!!!

Well... if you're willing to go the rucking route, I also would recommend any GoRuck ruck sack. If you end up going above 35 lbs for longer distances, I suggest a hip belt to help take some of the load off your shoulders.

In a pinch, a cheaper option would be to have any decent backpack you have on hand, put weight in it and sweaters or blankets to keep the weight from clanking around and you're good to go. It's not a good solution long term, but fine way to start.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom