all posts post new thread

Nutrition Went off keto for 3 weeks and here’s what happened

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@kennycro@@aol.com lots of good info in this thread. I have personally found using low rep exercises with keto imperative, and things like q&d / strong endurance based stuff work best.

i also relate to the op, after being on keto for a lengthy time i have found it very difficult going back to high carb, it seems i lost the ability to handle carbs as well as i use to.
I’m still pretty novice when it comes to the training. Had a few years in CrossFit but then a long period of inactivity. Ran a few months of simple and sinister then switched to ROP. Doing keto (back on it again of course) I can train fasted even and be fine apparently. No really lack of energy or strength. I’m also just starting my 5 x (1,2,3,4)’s though so we’ll see when it ramps up a little more.

Hello,

Here is a Thibaudeau's article about muscle growth while doing keto

Kind regards,

Pet'
I'm nowhere close to qualified to criticize him, but I feel like Thibaudeau was writing mostly about doing sarcoplasmic hypertrophy there. He did mention that low rep/high rest works well on keto, but then goes into the old "you need high reps and low rest to build muscle" thing. However, as many folks around here may know, total weekly volume seems to be the most determinant factor for muscle growth. Think of Waterbury and the 10 sets of 3 training.... or the Russian Bear even. There's also the whole thing about keto-adapted individuals having the same amount of muscle glycogen as higher carb individuals. Many older studies failed to take into account the time it takes for the body to adapt to a low carb diet (up to 6 months to fully adapt, from some sources) and put subjects on keto for a few weeks, then said that it wasn't effective for strength training.

When I read The Quick and the Dead for the first time, I had been pretty strict carnivore for ~4-5 months, and immediately saw the connection between how low carb works fine for high volume training. In one of Pavel's books, I forget which at the moment, he cites David Rigert (not a "small" lifter) as having eaten large amounts of steak, eggs and cream for breakfast.

This is also an interesting read relating to this thread, I think.

Thibaudeau was writing mostly about doing sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
Thibaudeau

Overall, he did a good job of going onto the Ketogenic Diet vs a Standard High Carbohydrate American Diet for increasing mass; providing the Pro's and Con's.

He did mention that low rep/high rest works well on keto, but then goes into the old "you need high reps and low rest to build muscle" thing. However, as many folks around here may know, total weekly volume seems to be the most determinant factor for muscle growth. Think of Waterbury and the 10 sets of 3 training....

The Three Component Necessary for Optimal Hypertrophy

Research by Dr Brad Schoenfeld demonstrated optimal gains in mass occur when the following are part of a well written Hypertrophy Training Program.

1) Mechanical Tension

This means Maximum Strength Training with heavy load, low repetition and long rest periods between sets.

2) Muscle Damage

a) Near Failure or Failure

At some point in a training cycle, the muscle need to be pushed to near failure or failure. This produce Muscle Damage.

b) Loaded Full Range Movements

Performing a Loaded Full Range Movement produce Muscle Damage.

3) Metabolic Stress

This means that, "You need high reps and low rest periods to build muscle". This Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy.

One of the factors for higher reps and shorter rest periods is that this method increases Lactate. The downstream effect of higher Lactate production is it trigger a greater anabolic response via...

"The Pump"

Higher repetition increase Arterial Blood from from the heart to the working muscles.

The muscle contraction during the repetition restricts Venus Blood flow back to the heart.

Blood is trapped inside the working muscle. This produces "The Pump".

Essentially, the muscle balloon up.

Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training

Research by Dr Jonathan Oliver determined that Cluster Set Hypertrophy Training was effective at increasing muscle mass. The benefit of Custer Hypertrophy Set Training is that athletes were able to maintain and/or increase Power.

While Custer Set Hypertrophy Training enabled athletes to increase muscle mass, it was second to the Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertropy Training Method; higher repetitions and shorter rest periods.

The Downside of Lactate

When Muscle Lactate increases, there is a decrease in Maximum Strength, Power and Speed.

Thus, short rest periods between cluster of repetition in a set allow Lactate to be partially cleared and ATP Muscle Restoration. This short rest allows you to more more weight with more force.

Most individual in a high repetition set usually take a short pause/rest at times; this short pause/rest before performing another repetition turn it into a Cluster Set Exercise.

The Upside of Lactate

To reiterate, high repetition produce "The Pump"/"The Burn" which elicits an anabolic effect (increase in Growth Hormone and mTOR);

Oliver Presentation

At 31:30 into his presentation, Oliver is asked why traditional high repetition are more effective at increasing muscle mass comparted to Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training.

Oliver's reply is, "Lactate. The Lactate Response is going to stimulate some Growth Hormone."
There's also the whole thing about keto-adapted individuals having the same amount of muscle glycogen as higher carb individuals. Many older studies failed to take into account the time it takes for the body to adapt to a low carb diet (up to 6 months to fully adapt, from some sources) and put subjects on keto for a few weeks, then said that it wasn't effective for strength training.

Good Points

This is one point that Thibaudeau failed to address.

As you mentioned, once an individual is completed Keto Adapted, muscle glycogen levels are essentially the same as individual on high carbohydrate diets.

Also as you mentioned, some research has not allocated enough time for individual to become completely Keto Adapted. Thus, their strength training and levels suffered.

Ketogenic Diet Training

There are a couple of issue when it come to training on a Ketogenic Diet.

1) A different training approach is required.

Individuals on a Ketogenic Diet do well with training Phosphagen Energy System; since it utilizes ATP rather than glucose

The Ketogenic Diet also work will for Endurance Training; individuals who train in the Oxidative Energy System.

However, it appear that Keto Adapted individuals may not do well when training in the Glycolytic Energy System, like Bodybuilding.

2) Many individual are not on a Ketogenic Diet. They are on a high fat, high protein, low carbohydrate diet.

Last edited:
Ketogenic Diet Training

Individuals on a Ketogenic Diet do well with training Phosphagen Energy System; since it utilizes ATP rather than glucose

The Ketogenic Diet also work will for Endurance Training; individuals who train in the Oxidative Energy System.

However, it appear that Keto Adapted individuals may not do well when training in the Glycolytic Energy System, like Bodybuilding.

2) Many individual are not on a Ketogenic Diet. They are on a high fat, high protein, low carbohydrate diet.
This is perhaps the best way to summarize?

1)A keto diet may not be compatible with traditional bodybuilding techniques, at least until fully adapted? I'm thinking of individuals such as Luis Villasenor of Keto gains. He is quite muscular for being a strong advocate of the ketogenic diet, and he has been on it for something like 15+ years, so it may be that he did not build his muscle on high carb, switch to keto, then say that keto builds muscle (something I see around the net).

2) This is where I fall. I must say that transitioning to carnivore was much easier than to keto. I have never tested my ketones but I wonder how often I enter ketosis.

A question: if one wanted to focus more on myfibrillar hypertrophy, they wouldn't use traditional bodybuilding set/rep ranges (8-12 reps x 3-5 sets), correct? They would use something more like 5-8 reps for many sets with longer rests? The latter would be easier to do on a low carb diet, if I'm not mistaken.

if one wanted to focus more on myfibrillar hypertrophy, they wouldn't use traditional bodybuilding set/rep ranges (8-12 reps x 3-5 sets), correct?
Conjugate Training

Based on the research and anecdotal data, a training program that contain The Three Components for Hypertrophy, also is effective for increasing Maximum Strength, Power and Speed. The focus just shift.

Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training

Individual on a Standard American High Carbohydrate Diet would do well to included it in their program to increase Strength.

However, it doesn't appear that individual on a Ketogenic Diet would do, as well, since Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training is more reliant on the Glycolytic Energy System.

For individual on a Ketogenic Diet, Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training appears to be a more effective approach. This allows you to perform the same number or repetition or more as in a Traditional/Hypertrophy Set. However, the short rest between clusters would allow you to perform more work in the Phosphagen Energy System, rather than the Glycolytic Energy System.

Dr Michael Zourdos' Conjugate Maxium Strength Study

Zourdos research determined greater strength gain were obtain when individual combined Hypertrophy, Power and Maximum Strength into one Training Cycle.

Zourdos' research supports...

The Westside Powerlifting Method

This method has been around for almost 40 years.

It is composed of Repetition (Hypertrophy), Max Effort (Maximum Strength) and Speed (Power) Training.

Asian Olympic Lifters

Olympic Lifter always combine Maximum Strength Training with Power (Olympic Lift) Training; a Conjugate Training Program.

As Chris Thibaudeau reported, the Asians (some of the best lifters) have now included Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training into their program.

They would use something more like 5-8 reps for many sets with longer rests? The latter would be easier to do on a low carb diet,

Low Carb Diet Training

Yes, keeping the repetitions in the lower range and longer rest periods between sets is more effective for someone on a low carbohydrate diet.

Summary

1) Based on the research, Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training is slightly more effective for increasing muscle mass than Custer Hypertrophy Set Training.

2) Individual on a high carbohydrate should consider including Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy Training into their program to increase Strength.

3) Individual on a Ketogenic Diet should consider Dr Jonathan Oliver's Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training. Doing so, allows Ketogenic Diet lifter's training more in the Phosphagen Energy System rather than the Glycolytic Energy System.

4) The Rest Periods between sets for Strength Training is 3 minutes or longer. As you mentioned, the longer rest period for those on the Ketogenic Diet is more effective.

Long rest periods between set is effective no matter what diet you are on.

Last edited:
Thibaudeau

Overall, he did a good job of going onto the Ketogenic Diet vs a Standard High Carbohydrate American Diet for increasing mass; providing the Pro's and Con's.

The Three Component Necessary for Optimal Hypertrophy

Research by Dr Brad Schoenfeld demonstrated optimal gains in mass occur when the following are part of a well written Hypertrophy Training Program.

1) Mechanical Tension

This means Maximum Strength Training with heavy load, low repetition and long rest periods between sets.

2) Muscle Damage

a) Near Failure or Failure

At some point in a training cycle, the muscle need to be pushed to near failure or failure. This produce Muscle Damage.

b) Loaded Full Range Movements

Performing a Loaded Full Range Movement produce Muscle Damage.

3) Metabolic Stress

This means that, "You need high reps and low rest periods to build muscle". This Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertrophy.

One of the factors for higher reps and shorter rest periods is that this method increases Lactate. The downstream effect of higher Lactate production is it trigger a greater anabolic response via...

"The Pump"

Higher repetition increase Arterial Blood from from the heart to the working muscles.

The muscle contraction during the repetition restricts Venus Blood flow back to the heart.

Blood is trapped inside the working muscle. This produces "The Pump".

Essentially, the muscle balloon up.

Research by Dr Jonathan Oliver determined that Cluster Set Hypertrophy Training was effective at increasing muscle mass. The benefit of Custer Hypertrophy Set Training is that athletes were able to maintain and/or increase Power.

While Custer Set Hypertrophy Training enabled athletes to increase muscle mass, it was second to the Traditional Bodybuilding/Hypertropy Training Method; higher repetitions and shorter rest periods.

The Downside of Lactate

When Muscle Lactate increases, there is a decrease in Maximum Strength, Power and Speed.

Thus, short rest periods between cluster of repetition in a set allow Lactate to be partially cleared and ATP Muscle Restoration. This short rest allows you to more more weight with more force.

Most individual in a high repetition set usually take a short pause/rest at times; this short pause/rest before performing another repetition turn it into a Cluster Set Exercise.

The Upside of Lactate

To reiterate, high repetition produce "The Pump"/"The Burn" which elicits an anabolic effect (increase in Growth Hormone and mTOR);

Oliver Presentation

At 31:30 into his presentation, Oliver is asked why traditional high repetition are more effective at increasing muscle mass comparted to Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training.

Oliver's reply is, "Lactate. The Lactate Response is going to stimulate some Growth Hormone."

Good Points

This is one point that Thibaudeau failed to address.

As you mentioned, once an individual is completed Keto Adapted, muscle glycogen levels are essentially the same as individual on high carbohydrate diets.

Also as you mentioned, some research has not allocated enough time for individual to become completely Keto Adapted. Thus, their strength training and levels suffered.

Ketogenic Diet Training

Oliver used the example of 4 sets of 10 traditional vs 8 sets of 5 clustered. Makes sense & has seemed to work (only thing I've wondered about is whether the more moderate weight of traditional sets is easier on joints....). What surprised me was Quick & Dead book saying they found hypertrophy with 2 series of 10, but NOT 4 series of 5. Seem like the two contradict each other but I don't know why. Something different about ballistics vs grinds?
Thx.

Oliver used the example of 4 sets of 10 traditional vs 8 sets of 5 clustered.
Traditional Sets

Yes, it was performed with 4 sets of 10 continuous repetitions during each set.

Cluster Set Correction

Your oversimplified it.

They were performed for

"[4 × (2 × 5) with 1.5 min rest between sets 30 s rest between clusters] at 70 % 1RM..."

How To Read It

The above method "4 × (2 × 5)" is how it Cluster Sets are recorded.

It means a total of 4 sets with 2 Clusters Sets of 5 repetition were performed.

After one set of 5 repetitions, 30 seconds of rest was allowed before performing that second cluster of 5 repetitions.

I am sure you understood that. Other might not.

(only thing I've wondered about is whether the more moderate weight of traditional sets is easier on joints....).

Training Percentages

Traditional Bodybuilding Training Percentages are between 60 to 80% of 1 Repetition Max.

Know Your Training Percentages

70% of 1 Repetition Max.

"This is the low-end of the optimal range when it comes to stimulating hypertrophy."

80% of 1 Repetition Max.

"This is the high-end of the optimal range when it comes to stimulating hypertrophy."

Oliver's Custer Sets With 70% of 1 Repetition Max.

This is essentially the same that Traditional Bodybuilding Training Percentages recommend.

Joint Issues

Since the 1 Repetition Max Percentages are essentially the same for Traditional Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training and Oliver's Cluster Hypertrophy Training Protocol there should not be any concerns with joint issues.

Performing Cluster Hypertrophy Sets

One of the primary caveats of Custer Hypertrophy is the each repetition in the cluster of repetition need to be performed explosively.

Explosive Repetitions innervate the Fast Type IIa and "Super" Fast Type IIb/x Muscle Fiber.

Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber is key for Maximum Strength, Power and Speed.

Also, Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber are a key factor in Muscle Hypertrophy.

Greater Force Production

Pushing or pulling a light to moderate load requires greater force production that moving the weight slower.

Research shows (A Comparison of Strength and Power Characteristics Between Power Lifters, Olympic Lifters, and Sprinters, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 1999, 13(1), 58–66, McBride) that one of the keys to innervating (working/overloading) Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber is the explosiveness of the movement.

As per McBride, with heavy load the "Intent" need to be on pushing or pulling the weight as hard and fast a possible. Doing so, innervates the Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber.

"Compensatory Acceleration"

Dr Fred Hatfield's Compensatory Acceleration Protocol, prior to McBride research, was based on pushing or pulling heavy load with as much force (as quickly as possible) as a means of increasing Strength.

The Size Principle

The Muscle Fiber Firing Sequence in a movement regardless of how light or heavy. The firing sequence is...

Slow Twitch > Fast Twitch > "Super" Fast Twitch.

With that said, when a light to moderate load is performed explosively, the Fast and "Super" Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber are immediately innervated, turned on.

With light to moderate loads that are performed slower, the first few repetition of a set utilized the Slow Twitch Muscle Fiber before the Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber are called into play.

What surprised me was Quick & Dead book saying they found hypertrophy with 2 series of 10, but NOT 4 series of 5.

Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training

As I noted in the previous post, the build up of Lactate triggers an anabolic response with higher repetition sets.

The downside is that the build up of Lactate produces a decrease in Maximum Strength, Power and Speed.

Thus, Hypertrophy is more effective at increasing muscle mass than clusters.

Oliver's research determined that athletes were able to maintain Maximum Strength and maintain/or increase Power and Speed while increasing muscle mass with Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training.

Cluster Sets...

1) "Allowed greater total volume load..."

2) "Greater average power..."

3) "Similar anabolic hormonal response..."

4) "Less metabolic stress..."

Summary

To reiterate, when Traditional Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training is solely employed, it comes at the expense of the three type of Strength noted above.

Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training offers is...

1) An effective method that allow athletes to increase muscle mass without a lost of Strength.

2) Is an effective method for individuals on the Ketogenic Diet. It allows them increase muscle mass by training in the Phosphagen Energy System and avoid the Glycolytic Energy System.

Final Thought

With Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training, one of the primary issues is that too much focus is placed on performing a movement with a fairly heavy load. That was initially my case and is with others that I have worked with, as well.

While the load is important, what is even more important is the amount of Speed and Power of the repetition that each cluster is performed with.

At any point in an exercise or cluster of repetitions, if your Speed and/or Power decrease, the set or exercise needs to be terminated. Continuing means you are not longer working the Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber; after around 15 seconds they are not involved.

Last edited:
Traditional Sets

Yes, it was performed with 4 sets of 10 continuous repetitions during each set.

Cluster Set Correction

Your oversimplified it.

They were performed for

"[4 × (2 × 5) with 1.5 min rest between sets 30 s rest between clusters] at 70 % 1RM..."

How To Read It

The above method "4 × (2 × 5)" is how it Cluster Sets are recorded.

It means a total of 4 sets with 2 Clusters Sets of 5 repetition were performed.

After one set of 5 repetitions, 30 seconds of rest was allowed before performing that second cluster of 5 repetitions.

I am sure you understood that. Other might not.

Training Percentages

Traditional Bodybuilding Training Percentages are between 60 to 80% of 1 Repetition Max.

Know Your Training Percentages

70% of 1 Repetition Max.

"This is the low-end of the optimal range when it comes to stimulating hypertrophy."

80% of 1 Repetition Max.

"This is the high-end of the optimal range when it comes to stimulating hypertrophy."

Oliver's Custer Sets With 70% of 1 Repetition Max.

This is essentially the same that Traditional Bodybuilding Training Percentages recommend.

Joint Issues

Since the 1 Repetition Max Percentages are essentially the same for Traditional Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training and Oliver's Cluster Hypertrophy Training Protocol there should not be any concerns with joint issues.

Performing Cluster Hypertrophy Sets

One of the primary caveats of Custer Hypertrophy is the each repetition in the cluster of repetition need to be performed explosively.

Explosive Repetitions innervate the Fast Type IIa and "Super" Fast Type IIb/x Muscle Fiber.

Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber is key for Maximum Strength, Power and Speed.

Also, Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber are a key factor in Muscle Hypertrophy.

Greater Force Production

Pushing or pulling a light to moderate load requires greater force production that moving the weight slower.

Research shows (A Comparison of Strength and Power Characteristics Between Power Lifters, Olympic Lifters, and Sprinters, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 1999, 13(1), 58–66, McBride) that one of the keys to innervating (working/overloading) Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber is the explosiveness of the movement.

As per McBride, with heavy load the "Intent" need to be on pushing or pulling the weight as hard and fast a possible. Doing so, innervates the Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber.

"Compensatory Acceleration"

Dr Fred Hatfield's Compensatory Acceleration Protocol, prior to McBride research, was based on pushing or pulling heavy load with as much force (as quickly as possible) as a means of increasing Strength.

The Size Principle

The Muscle Fiber Firing Sequence in a movement regardless of how light or heavy. The firing sequence is...

Slow Twitch > Fast Twitch > "Super" Fast Twitch.

With that said, when a light to moderate load is performed explosively, the Fast and "Super" Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber are immediately innervated, turned on.

With light to moderate loads that are performed slower, the first few repetition of a set utilized the Slow Twitch Muscle Fiber before the Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber are called into play.

Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training

As I noted in the previous post, the build up of Lactate triggers an anabolic response with higher repetition sets.

The downside is that the build up of Lactate produces a decrease in Maximum Strength, Power and Speed.

Thus, Hypertrophy is more effective at increasing muscle mass than clusters.

Oliver's research determined that athletes were able to maintain Maximum Strength and maintain/or increase Power and Speed while increasing muscle mass with Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training.

Cluster Sets...

1) "Allowed greater total volume load..."

2) "Greater average power..."

3) "Similar anabolic hormonal response..."

4) "Less metabolic stress..."

Summary

To reiterate, when Traditional Bodybuilding Hypertrophy Training is solely employed, it comes at the expense of the three type of Strength noted above.

Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training offers is...

1) An effective method that allow athletes to increase muscle mass without a lost of Strength.

2) Is an effective method for individuals on the Ketogenic Diet. It allows them increase muscle mass by training in the Phosphagen Energy System and avoid the Glycolytic Energy System.

Final Thought

With Cluster Hypertrophy Set Training, one of the primary issues is that too much focus is placed on performing a movement with a fairly heavy load. That was initially my case and is with others that I have worked with, as well.

While the load is important, what is even more important is the amount of Speed and Power of the repetition that each cluster is performed with.

At any point in an exercise or cluster of repetitions, if your Speed and/or Power decrease, the set or exercise needs to be terminated. Continuing means you are not longer working the Fast Twitch Muscle Fiber; after around 15 seconds they are not involved.
Thanks for the reply.

For joints, I think my problem is that i would start with clusters between 70-80% but over the weeks creep into 80%+. Focus did become weight vs power...

I know that most cluster protocols have shorter intraset rest than between sets, but the reason i stated his protocol was essentially 8*5 w/ 60s (vs 4*10 w/ 120s) was:20210101_090454.jpgScreenshot_20210101-083127_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
For joints, I think my problem is that i would start with clusters between 70-80% but over the weeks creep into 80%+.
Joint Issues?

So, do you have problems with yourjoints?

From 0-100%: Know Your Percentages

Thibaudeau's article provides good guideline on the Training Percentage to elicit and develop different type of Strength.

With that said, let break this down some more.

Power Training

1) Traditional Exercise Power Training Percentages

Power is optimally developed with load of 48 to 62% of 1 Repetition Max.

The Westside Powerlifting Speed Training (which is actually Power not Speed Training) uses percentage in this range for: Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts, etc.

2) Olympic Movements

"Peak power for the Olympic lifts typically occurs approximately 70-80% of 1 RM."

Speed Training

In Traditional Exercises, Speed is developed with load between 10-40% of 1 Repetition Max, with around 30% being the sweet spot.

Training Percentage Guidelines

One of the determinate factors for developing and training a specific type of Strength is remain with in the right guideline percentages recommended.
most cluster protocols have shorter intraset rest than between sets,

Variance of Cluster Repetitions Rest Periods

1) Hypertrophy Training Clusters

Short rest between cluster of repetition is geared more toward Hypertrophy.

That means rest period of around 15 seconds. That allows some restoration of ATP and the elimination of some Lactate.

2) Power Training Clusters

Greater Power Output is achieved when rest period of around 45 seconds are taken between cluster. Dr Gregg Haff (former Olympic Lifter) found around 80% of ATP was restored.

As noted previously, higher loads are used for Olympic Lift Movements.

EMOM, Every Minute On The Minute

This method of training with rest period of 60 seconds between cluster repetition is very effective.

The Westside Powerlifting Protocol take 60 seconds between their Speed Training Clusters.

8*5 w/ 60s

Misleading

This is a bit misleading based on how it is written; addressed in the previous post.

Went high carb low fat for a few weeks and here’s what happened... this was a diet of rice, lentils, veggies, lean protein, gluten free bread and wraps...

The bad: Immediate bloating. Gas. 10lb weight gain in 3 weeks and had to loosen the belt one knotch. Felt sloppy. Mid day tiredness. Hungry 24/7
The good: Muscle pump for sure.

Going back to beef and eggs and some veggies to add variety.
I went in whole heartedly trying to see how I felt and it was pretty nasty. Can’t believe how much better I feel after only 3-4 days back on high fat low carb. Night and day.

Gave it a fair shot and it didn’t work for me. Guess if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Taking some advice around here and gonna stick to 1lb of meat a day and a few eggs or so for a while instead of trying to slam 2-3 lbs a day. May have been getting too much calories from fat and that’s why my weight plateaued at 175. Definitely sort of stopped losing body fat before switching it up.
Good to know the aftereffects, if you get off the lane. I'm planning to get on keto as well. I was searching for keto discussion boards and landed here directly on this thread through Google.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom