all posts post new thread

Nutrition Wesker11, Food log, February 2016

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Wesker11

Level 5 Valued Member
This could be pretty helpful for me. I feel like I have a pretty tight grip on my diet and that my diet is perfect for me. However, I am starting a new job next week with new hours so things are going to change. Normally I eat light all day then a huge dinner. New job will have me working through dinner so I have to figure out what to do.

6:30 - Steel cut oats w/ peaches, green tea.

The oats are a new addition, usually just have pea protein w/ greek yogurt.

9:30 - 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds raw

12:00 - Pea protein w/ Vitamineral green, couple spoonfuls of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of walnuts

16:00 - Pea protein

19:00 - Salad w/ sunflower seeds and avocado, brussel sprouts w/ 1 beet, Brats n Sauerkraut, 1 sweet potato

12:00 - Pea protein w/ Vitamineral green, couple spoonfuls of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of walnuts

19:00 - Salad w/ sunflower seeds and avocado, brussel sprouts w/ 1 beet, 1/2 lb. of meatloaf, 1 sweet potato

February 3rd, 2016

19:00 - Salad w/ sunflower seeds and avocado, brussel sprouts w/ 1 beet, 1/2 lb. of meatloaf, 1 sweet potato

February 4th, 2016

Another day, another meatloaf. :)

@Wesker11, just curious...are you eating for fat loss, maintenance?
You say you eat light during the day and big at dinner, so do I. I don't eat gluten, nor do I do protein shakes, so take out your oats and your pea protein shake, I'd say the rest of what you eat for the entire day is an average dinner size meal for me, that is not particularly big. I may well have worms or need my eyesight adjusted for portion size as my interpretation of a big meal is double, even triple, an adult portion. Just interested in knowing your goals and current health status if you don't mind me asking, thank you.

@ali, Maintenance really. I have no body compositions goals at the moment other than to stay where I'm at. As far as meal size, I guess it might not be big to some, but it takes me 2 full plates and about 45 mins to an hour to eat my dinner. My first plate is normally comprised of all vegetables not counting the salad. I am missing more than usual at the moment, I usually also have 3 roma tomatoes and 5 or 6 green onions. I'm getting ready to move and start a new job so things are a little off.

Things are gonna get waaaay off starting around noon. Going away meal at work, then this weekend is gonna be hectic moving. Then starting a new job with new hours next week so I gotta figure out some new habits. Thinking of just going to the old 6 meals a day thing.

@Wesker11 , thanks for the reply. As I thought, I am a pig. With worms.

Good luck with your new job. You seem pretty set on eating good food, so sure whatever you do, it'll work out fine.

@ali, I could just mean you have different calorie requirements. I'm not a big guy, 5'8" and 155 lbs. I just try to eat enough to keep healthy and keep getting stronger, but don't get me wrong, I love to pig out myself. I have one cheat meal a week. Last weeks was at my favorite BBQ place. I ordered 2 separate dinner plates, one had sausage and beans. The other had pulled pork, sausage and fries and I ate most everything except for a few fries. Washed it down with 3 beers. :)

February 5th, 2016

12:00 - Work going away lunch. I had 4 tacos and 2 helpings of guacamole and no this is not counting as my cheat meal. :)

20:00 - Salad and brats w/ sauerkraut

Last edited:
@Wesker11, yes probably not so bad when my weight is factored, but I'm only 15 lbs or so heavier. It is an odd thing....eating light, then big......that big is massive yet it doesn't lead to overdosing on energy requirements. I'm totally happy with the way and what I eat but it's always interesting to read and hear about others, so thanks for that. Had a massive chestnut and onion stew in red wine with a pile of Veg and kale, yum......now for seconds...yum, yum.

February 6th, 2016

13:00 - 2 slices of pizza from Pizza Hut

20:00 - 2 enchiladas, 1 taco, refried beans and rice, and chips and salsa

The downward slide

February 7th, 2016

07:00 - bagel w/ cream cheese and coffee

12:00 - cheeseburger, salad, and sweet potato fries

19:00 - half cup of walnuts

February 8th, 2016

07:00 - Steel cut oats w/ peaches, green tea.

12:00 - cheeseburger and fries

19:00 - pea protein and almonds

3 days in a row of eating out. It has been years since anything like that has happened. I could have made better choices, but I guess this is what they call stress eating. This is the absolute polar opposite of what my diet has looked like for the past 2 years. Oh well, things are almost normalized and I should be getting back to a regular routine shortly. One more day of eating out at lunch on the new job.

February 9th, 2016

12:00 - Brats, sauerkraut, and potatoes

19:00 - pea protein and almonds

February 10th, 2016

13:00 - pea protein, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds

18:00 - salad w/sunflower seeds and avocado, beets and Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and meatloaf

February 11th, 2016

18:00 - salad, steak, sweet potato, and Brussels sprouts w/ tomatoes

February 12th, 2016

18:00 - salad, sweet potato, zucchini and squash, homemade salsbury steak

8:00 - sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit w/ coffee

18:00 - onion rings, coleslaw, fries, sausage, brisket, and pork w/ a couple beers

First time I've had fast food breakfast since I can't even remember. Things are almost normalized though. Should be able to tighten things up next week. Need to eat more I think. Down to 150, started running over lunch along with lifting and kettlebells throughout the week.

8:00- sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit w/ coffee

13:00 - pea protein w/vitamineral green, walnuts

19:00 - salad w/avocado and sunflower seeds, brussel sprouts w/beets, meatloaf, and sweet potato

06:00 - steel cut oats w/peaches, green tea

10:00 - pea protein

13:00 - walnuts and pumpkin seeds

15:00 - peanut butter, flax seed, chia seed mixture

17:00 - pea protein

19:00 - salad w/avocado and sunflower seeds, sweet potato, and meatloaf

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom