all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What AGT program to alternate with Kettlebell StrongFirst?

Girevik67

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello all. Which A+A program would you alternate with Kettlebell StrongFirst after one had done the aforementioned program for some time that is? I was contemplating 6 weeks KSFG with 6 weeks of A+A snatches. Thanks in advance.

Which program are you referring to? The C&J program, or the swing/get up program? (Assuming you're referring to the SFKB bjj product)

The swing & C&J programs are A+A so I would alternate with it Q&D...

I ran that swing program for the better part of 18 months and would replace the getups portion with iron cardio/strength aerobics

So it would look like this
Swing-med day, IC-heavy, swing-light... The following week IC-med, swing-heavy, IC-light

I would get the IC book for more details

Hello all. Which A+A program would you alternate with Kettlebell StrongFirst after one had done the aforementioned program for some time that is? I was contemplating 6 weeks KSFG with 6 weeks of A+A snatches. Thanks in advance.
Pavel has commented that alternating it with Q&D would be a perfect fit.

044 would therefore be a good idea.

If you want structure for classic, timeless A+A, then I think this table by Craig Marker could be of help:
kbemomtable.jpg

Originally, the numbers were referring to Sets of 10 Swings OTM, see: The Hybrid Power Conditioning Program - Breaking Muscle

However, you could just use the numbers as rounds of 5 reps left, rest, 5 reps right, rest. (In other words: Double the numbers and you would have the number of total repeats for the day).

So you would need to use a bell that you are comfortabel doing 20x5 snatches with and then progress to 48x5 over the course of 6 weeks.

Which program are you referring to? The C&J program, or the swing/get up program? (Assuming you're referring to the SFKB bjj product)

The swing & C&J programs are A+A so I would alternate with it Q&D...

I ran that swing program for the better part of 18 months and would replace the getups portion with iron cardio/strength aerobics

So it would look like this
Swing-med day, IC-heavy, swing-light... The following week IC-med, swing-heavy, IC-light

I would get the IC book for more details
Thanks for the reply, SFKB bjj is what I was referring too. I hace iron Cardio, this should be interesting, thanks very much.

How often do you roll?
Sir, I train BJJ 4X weekly. I roll twice each session. I train more than I roll currently. One session per week is a private lesson with my Professor, whom has noticed that I gas less often. I am 55 years of age, I'm not seeking rank just Self-defense/Physical fitness benefits. I work as a Level 5 Security Officer for the State of Texas. BJJ is the perfect compliment for Security & L.E.O personnel.

Sir, I train BJJ 4X weekly. I roll twice each session. I train more than I roll currently. One session per week is a private lesson with my Professor, whom has noticed that I gas less often. I am 55 years of age, I'm not seeking rank just Self-defense/Physical fitness benefits. I work as a Level 5 Security Officer for the State of Texas. BJJ is the perfect compliment for Security & L.E.O personnel.
How about doing some ground force method/OS on non BJJ and KB days??

Recovery is the most important thing

GFM has some great youtube videos. Do you have a recommendation of source to learn GFM better?
I'm not that well versed in GFM, what I could recommend is since I'm more familiar with OS, some segmental rolls, crawling and deadbugs would be my go to

Back
Top Bottom