all posts post new thread

Forum Business What are some good tips to progress on being able to shoulder press a single 32kg kettlebell?

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

myonzion

Level 1 Valued Member
I have a single 32kg bell that I have yet to shoulder press but Im able to at least do movements such as the main double hand swings, assisted cleans, rack squats etc. But I cannot press it nor do a get up. I do have a pair of 20kgs which Im able to do about 5-6 reps single and double shoulder press and also have a pair of 25kg that I can do at least 1 rep for a double press and maybe 2 for single arm presses. What are tips to help me be able to master a single arm shoulder press with a 32kg bell or do other movements like a get up?

Keep practising with your lighter bells. Really own them and work on partial movements (esp. in the get-up) with the 32kg bell. You'll definitely want to up your pressing volume with the 25kg before you have a chance at pressing the 32kg. There are a heap of pressing programs out there that should get you to where you want to go.

Running through ROP with the 24 allowed me to press the 32 for a single about half way through the program. Not sure if I can get reps now that I’m almost done but feel like I could crank 2 out maybe.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom