all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What are your thoughts on this...?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
1 to 5 reps every 15-20 seconds, go for 5-20 mins. rest 5 mins. repeat for 2 - 5 rounds. Sounds fun to me.

3 reps every 20 sec. for 20 mins. 180, 5 rounds takes 2 hrs, 900 reps. That will leave a mark.

Last edited:
Heat check this am, 5:00-5:19:44 3 pwr. push ups on the :20, rest of minute + 5 mins rest, 5:25-5:44:44, 360 total.
Putting it in the rotation.
Mahalo @Dixon

Heat check this am, 5:00-5:19:44 3 pwr. push ups on the :20, rest of minute + 5 mins rest, 5:25-5:44:44, 360 total.
Putting it in the rotation.
Mahalo @Dixon
How did you find it? Do you think it is a good way to develop a decent level of conditioning? I was planning on using swings and maybe even 1-2 push presses or deadlifts.

How did you find it? Do you think it is a good way to develop a decent level of conditioning? I was planning on using swings and maybe even 1-2 push presses or deadlifts.
High ham/glute situation at the moment, so chose push ups.
I believe it is a good way to get to a big number ( volume ) maintaining good form and some power.
It will be a different animal with the lifts you are thinking about.

High ham/glute situation at the moment, so chose push ups.
I believe it is a good way to get to a big number ( volume ) maintaining good form and some power.
It will be a different animal with the lifts you are thinking about.
Do you think it would be a mistake to use those exercises? My main goal is the conditioning side of it. I think I could only perhaps do a single rep in five seconds of the deadlift. What other exercises do you think I could use? I like KB swings but was just trying to mix it up a bit.

Do you think it would be a mistake to use those exercises? My main goal is the conditioning side of it. I think I could only perhaps do a single rep in five seconds of the deadlift. What other exercises do you think I could use? I like KB swings but was just trying to mix it up a bit.
I like your choices, they will all be more taxing ( depending on weight ) than push ups. Other choices, jerks,box jumps,heavy rope.
Swings for sure.

Maybe KB deadlifts. I don't think I would program BB DL's

I like your choices, they will all be more taxing ( depending on weight ) than push ups. Other choices, jerks,box jumps,heavy rope.
Swings for sure.

Maybe KB deadlifts. I don't think I would program BB DL's
Thank you for your replies. I like the suggestions you have given me and will give perhaps all of them the once over to see which ones work for me. :)

Article on T-Nation seems a little like some of the workouts posted on here but the work part seems a little short and the rest period not long enough. Anyone got any thoughts on it?
The HICT Method for Lifters | T Nation
I think your assessment sounds right, but it will depend on load and exercise selection. Don's doing push-ups seem like a very smart choice.

I often do squats and deadlifts on the minute in the 3-5rep range. I don't want rest intervals much shorter than 45 seconds generally because that ends up being essentially no rest at all if you consider racking/unracking/set up.

Abby is an SFG II.

I haven't clicked on a T-Nation article in a long time and it's great to see a fellow SFG getting on there.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom