all posts post new thread

Nutrition What do you eat post training?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I should really get back into that. I used to have 16oz chocolate milk and a scoop of chocolate protein back in the day

If its going to be a few before my next real meal, I'll throw in a couple Tbsp of peanut butter as well. These days as often as not I might use soy milk in place of dairy.

I think sugar from fruit is fine. I´ve been eating this way for 3 years and all good. I´ve eaten more than 2,500 cal of fruit and raw veggies in a day, up to 90% of all calories.
When I stpped eating so many fruits I have lost some weight...I would cntadict regarding the sugar. In the end it is sugar and is bad for e.g. the liver.
But honestly if you feel good and healthy...have the ruits :)

When you compare the clinical studies re quantities of fructose and ill effects, you would have to eat literally baskets of fruit/day to equal the amounts shown to cause problems for the liver. Natural sugars found in whole foods are good nutrition and good energy. Even in a naturally refined state, many sources are good for you in reasonable amounts, starting with mother's milk. Honey is a superfood.

Anytime I find myself dragging is usually because I've been slacking off the fruit.

I'm w/ @Tarzan. Afterwards, I just eat when I'm hungry, which usually isn't right away.

I like to have a little something before a midday workout, e.g., a Dale's bar or equivalent, maybe half a sandwich of something, and some coffee. It seems to help w the need for food afterwards, too.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom