all posts post new thread

Nutrition What does a warrior diet meal look like?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

coolrunnings

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi all

I own the book and have read it, but Im having a hard time relating to the food choices

Do people rotate carb and fat fuel?

Some real world examples of full eating windows would be really useful!

Thanks!

Although I'm not eating warrior style, I have been incorporating a 'warrior-like' window to eat carbs. This is purely my own experience and not based on any evidence, just something I've been doing:
- Typically I intermittent fast 14 hours fasting / 10 hours feeding
- I don't follow a keto diet, but for my first meal (11am-noon) is keto friendly (decent potion of fat, moderate protein, little to zero carbs)
- I train fasted, first thing in the morning, other than water, I usually only have black coffee, sometimes adding 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- First meal examples (3 whole egg omelette with cheese and veggies), or (1/4 cup chia seeds made into pudding, add 1/3 can coconut milk and one portion protein powder), or (green salad with olive oil/vinegar dressing, pumpkin seeds and one can of either herring or mackerel)
- I limit food throughout the day (other than the early meal) until my larger eating window (4pm - 9pm), this is where i eat a bulk of my carbs
- Carbs are usually sweet potatoes, potatoes, rice or quinoa, veggies and/or some fruit
- Typically I eat whole foods as much as possible

This has worked for me for a few years now. Caloric intake goes up naturally the more training I do, usually eating more during the evening window. I don't count calories and I like to have my desert. Nutrition is such a personal thing and there is no limit to the amount of dogma out there. I just listened to my body and made adjustments until I found what works for me.

@coolrunnings

The Warrior Diet is basically One meal a day in the evening, with the option of eating small amounts of protein / fat / veggies throughout the day if you feel you need them. No processed foods or refined sugars. Some fruits, like berries or pineapple, should be eaten as a dessert after your big meal in the evening.

Sample day -

6am Coffee black, water

10am 2 hardboiled eggs with salt; fresh squeezed vegetable juice

2pm Small piece of cheese, 10 almonds

7pm Large dinner (stews, soups, animal protein / fat, veggies); berries, pineapple, tea

@coolrunnings

The Warrior Diet is basically One meal a day in the evening, with the option of eating small amounts of protein / fat / veggies throughout the day if you feel you need them. No processed foods or refined sugars. Some fruits, like berries or pineapple, should be eaten as a dessert after your big meal in the evening.

Sample day -

6am Coffee black, water

10am 2 hardboiled eggs with salt; fresh squeezed vegetable juice

2pm Small piece of cheese, 10 almonds

7pm Large dinner (stews, soups, animal protein / fat, veggies); berries, pineapple, tea

Can you be more specific regarding the evening meal? What did you eat yesterday, for example

It just doesnt seem enough to me

@coolrunnings

An example evening meal would be a 16oz ribeye, 1 sweet potato with butter and a large salad. That's in the neighborhood of 1,800 calories. Add 200 from the daytime and you have 2,000 for the day. This way of eating will naturally keep your overall calories down by closing the main eating window and that is why it is beneficial long term for maintaining a healthy body composition. This way of eating is also very flexible. If you feel completely exhausted and run down from training / life / sleep issues / etc... then you can modify it as necessary. Just steer clear of the processed foods and refined sugars.

Hi all

I own the book and have read it, but Im having a hard time relating to the food choices

Do people rotate carb and fat fuel?

Some real world examples of full eating windows would be really useful!

Thanks!
I've been following the WD for close to 20 years. I don't have a WD meal, just dinner.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom