all posts post new thread

Nutrition What Fish to Buy for More Protein?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bobbo

Level 1 Valued Member
I don’t know anything about fish. I’ve only eaten salmon and swordfish steak. Hated fish as a kid, no problems now.

I have a great fresh seafood store near me where everything is wild caught, but I have no clue what has the best omegas, protein, flavor etc.
What kind of fish do you buy?

I don’t know anything about fish. I’ve only eaten salmon and swordfish steak. Hated fish as a kid, no problems now.

I have a great fresh seafood store near me where everything is wild caught, but I have no clue what has the best omegas, protein, flavor etc.

While you're looking this info up on the web, you should also look at their mercury content. Some nutritious fish may be poor options due to this, even if wild caught.

Google

Nutrional content of fish

<sigh>

-S-
0_O darn lol.

Bruh snapper is delicious. A good place to start at.

Also, canned sardines are really high on omega 3, very low on mercury, pretty high in protein, super cheap, and absolutely scrumptious. Some people can't deal with eating a whole fish like that though. It disgusts them I suppose. Growing up in a pretty poor third world country, I basically learned to eat anything and everything so it's not an issue for me. And the sardine is definitely one of my go-tos. Oven baked with lime and olive oil? Oh la la.

Also, if you can find it, you're a lucky man. But the corvina white fish is absolutely delicious. It's a south american fish, but perhaps you'll be lucky. Fry that bad boy up.

I don't know too much about fish, but those are good places to get started IMO!

Hello,

Salted codfish, mackerels (either "natural" or canned), salmon, tuna, squid

The idea is to vary little and big fishes (big ones tend to accumulate heavy metals)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom