all posts post new thread

Nutrition What is a good nutritional diet?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Guide me on nutritional diet
It's really hard to "guide" you, or even give any significant or beneficial information/ help to you when none of us here knows your goals. And by that I mean are you looking for diet info on losing weight, maintaining weight, gaining muscle mass, just eating healthier, are you looking for a vegetarian diet and so on - the list of possibilities is nearly endless, to be honest.

So give us a bit more info on your DIETARY or FITNESS goals and if you aren't sure of them yet start by defining what they are!

That all said, the basis for every dieting program and plan is getting your calories and macronutrients under control ( macronutrients are carbs, fats, and proteins) - Now all of that depends 100% on what you are trying to achieve with your diet.

For example: If you are trying to lose weight, then you should be in a caloric deficit on a daily basis... if you are trying to gain weight then the opposite.

If you have your goal, calories and macros defined then it's time to start looking at what you can and can not eat. What ever your diet might be it's a good idea to avoid consuming simple sugars and animal fats (btw not all animal fat is bad.. and once again it depends on your goals and your own specific needs)... and focus on gaining quality carbs (wholefoods, like whole oats, brown rice and etc), quality lean proteins ( lean beef, chicken breast, turkey, egg whites and etc) and quality fats (from fish, nuts, avocados and etc) ...

Once again I got a little off track here but in conclusion, start by defining your goal and then you can move on from there.

Guide me on nutritional diet
Great starting point for anyone is Robb Wolf’s Paleo Diet. It’s basically just REAL FOOD. No need to over complicate it. If you tolerate dairy, add it in. It’s a grain/legume free diet which seems counter intuitive to the standard american diet but it’s worth a shot if you’re just getting intotrying something. Basically the same as the Whole 30 diet. I’d try that for a while then tweak as needed.
The paleo diet was a game changer for me... if only because it’s got a lot of latitude with what you can eat and basically immediately cuts out all garbage food.
If you listen to him on YouTube or anything he’s also pretty tongue in cheek and entertaining without being a zealot.

A diet something that affect differently on different people. Everybody has different genetic code, which means there is always some level of discrepancy in the results of nutritional diet. So the solution is to make it customized as much as you can. The factors that help in selecting best diet are current fitness level, fitness goal and other health conditions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom