all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What is power to the people?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

footballer55

Level 4 Valued Member
alright, probably an awkward question because so many people seem to talk about it in this forum, but what is power to the people, greasing the groove, easy strength, etc. I understand that they're programs, but where do I find them? Are they books? Are they on the strong first website? I'm very interested in them because I've been recommended to them many times on the forum. I think I'm going to give one a try.
Thanks,
Mike

Grease the Groove is a technique of doing many submaximal sets of an exercise throughout the day in order to engage the body's "muscle memory"

PTTP and easy strength are books... Available from various forums. Amazon, etc.

PTTP and Easy Strength are books in themselves. GTG does not have a book of its own per se, but I would heartily recommend Naked Warrior as the source to learn the principles of it.

In the first section of the forum, the Welcome section, there are a few things you might want to read.

PTTP is one of Pavel's earlier books. It contains a basic template of 2 sets of 5, done 5 days a week, for two lifts: the barbell deadlift and the barbell side press. It also contains a program called the Bear. Obviously both programs are explained more - the book is an excellent tutorial on the subject of strength, and the programs are simple and effective.

Grease the Groove was written up in an article published in Milo, if memory serves. It's about training frequently - multiple times per day - for strength at a 50%-ish level, e.g., if you can do 10 bw pullups, you do sets of 5 throughout the day.

Easy Strength is another book worth reading, although much of the approach can be found on Dan John's web site. The book has a lot of good concepts in it besides easy strength itself. In my mind, the Easy Strength approach takes the PTTP approach and broadens it, teaching you how to pick other lifts to use it with and how to "roll your own" program.

All three of the things you've asked about focus primarily on the neural/skill aspect of strength and using it, instead of the more popular approach of muscle-building, to becoming stronger.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom