all posts post new thread

Off-Topic What is StrongFirst?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kerry Davis

Level 4 Valued Member
After an amazing three days at The Dome this year, the long drive home was ripe with summation of the weekend and contemplation of what I just became a part of. This is what I wrote on the way home:

In the lifting world there has been a history of ego and an unspoken standard of needing to prove yourself. StrongFirst doesn't hold that, in fact they discourage ego because truth is someone somewhere could possibly do better than you.

Instead StrongFirst is a school. A community of people passionate about learning strength, sharing strength, and building others up. There is uniformity with StrongFirst. A level of standards that is kept and is mandatory.

It is a school, meaning we are all students. Even those higher up in the chain of command hold themselves to the same standards as everyone else. There is accountability, acceptance, assistance, and genuine desire to see others succeed. It is family, a sanctuary where people share ideas and build others up.

Well said, Kerry, and I agree! I've been lucky enough to attend/participate in a bunch of StrongFirst events, including The Dome 2015, other classes and certs, and 2 TSCs. When you find a good thing, stick with it. My next one is already on the calendar: SFL cert Charleston SC Oct 2017.

I hope your journey takes you far. And I hope you continue to join in here on the Forum!

After an amazing three days at The Dome this year, the long drive home was ripe with summation of the weekend and contemplation of what I just became a part of. This is what I wrote on the way home:

In the lifting world there has been a history of ego and an unspoken standard of needing to prove yourself. StrongFirst doesn't hold that, in fact they discourage ego because truth is someone somewhere could possibly do better than you.

Instead StrongFirst is a school. A community of people passionate about learning strength, sharing strength, and building others up. There is uniformity with StrongFirst. A level of standards that is kept and is mandatory.

It is a school, meaning we are all students. Even those higher up in the chain of command hold themselves to the same standards as everyone else. There is accountability, acceptance, assistance, and genuine desire to see others succeed. It is family, a sanctuary where people share ideas and build others up.
That's awesome!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom