all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What is T-Spine Mobility? In simple English pleae

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I tried a simple version of shoulder dislocates with my exercise band on Wednesday, and those really helped my shoulder mobility. I do perform T-Spine exercises about 2-3 times a week. The "open the book, (#1)" and another where I sweep my hand from the same starting point as #1 to the other side of my body reall opened up my thoracic mobility. Arm bars & pullovers from "4 weeks to flexible steel" are also great exercises as well.
Completely forgot about dislocates. Should try them again. I was too stiff to take advantage of them. Thanks.

At Flexible Steel, we prefer shoulder dislocates with a rope. You will get instant feedback if you're not pulling outwards, and you can accurately monitor and adjust your grip width. The band lets you not pull out strongly while still feeling that you are, and a stick doesn't provide proper feedback for much the same reason. A rope is what I recommend for the shoulder dislocate stretch - a terrible name, btw.

-S-

At Flexible Steel, we prefer shoulder dislocates with a rope. You will get instant feedback if you're not pulling outwards, and you can accurately monitor and adjust your grip width. The band lets you not pull out strongly while still feeling that you are, and a stick doesn't provide proper feedback for much the same reason. A rope is what I recommend for the shoulder dislocate stretch - a terrible name, btw.

-S-
Agreed on the name. I interesting about the rope. What do you mean about pull outwards?

You'll find there are places in the range of motion where you tend to give that up - widen your grip and make sure you can do that all the way through.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom