What is the best rowing machine for enduring muscles?

ryancormier81

First Post
I am looking for a rowing machine that should be an excellent alternative to the treadmill for total body workout. Can you recommend me the best one based on your experience? Thanks

rwleonard

Level 6 Valued Member

psmith

Level 5 Valued Member
The other nice thing about a C2 is that they hold value like mad. The used price on my local CL is pretty much the same as the new price, maybe $100 cheaper for previous generation of electronics.

Steve W.

Level 6 Valued Member
The C2 is a good machine (I have had a Model C for over 20 years) and the fact that it is the popular standard contains a lot of value, which shouldn't be underestimated:
--Resale value
--Established company with parts availability
--Tons of maintenance info and tutorials/easy to maintain and fix
--Standardized performance data among units and users
--Large, supportive (and/or competitive, if that's your thing) community of users

Last edited:

T_M

Level 5 Valued Member
Another vote for Concept 2...for the above reasons. Also, it is the standard worldwide for indoor rowing competitions and rankings. If you're interested in seeing how you compare to other rowing enthusiasts, you can check out the rankings link on the C2 website (at bottom of the page.) Last word...they are pretty much bullet proof...I've put over 10 million meters on mine over the past 6 years and it still works as well as the day I bought it used!

kennycro@@aol.com

Level 6 Valued Member
Can you recommend me the best one based on your experience?

The Concept 2

They definitely own the Rower Market because they have been around so long and it is a very simple, durable piece of equipment.

I owned a Concept 2 for a while and liked it.

Now let look some the differences in the...

Other Rowers

One of the benefits of some of the other rowers in the market are...

1) Belt Drive: Many are belt driven compared to the chain drive, like the Concept 2. Belt drive has a smoother feel.

2) Magnetic Brake with Air Resistance: Many of the other combine a Magnetic Brake Resistance with Air Resistance.

The benefit of Brake Resistance is the it provide more initial resistance in the initial pull from the bottom, then the Air Resistance kicks in. That means more resistance is provide through a greater range of the movement.

The Pull-Push Rower

Rowers primarily overload the posterior chain with some loading in the Quads (anterior chain) from driving the the legs into the platform.

One unique Rower provides a Total Body work out; the anterior chain along with the posterior chain.

The Inspire Rower

This rower provides resistance for pulling (the posterior chain) and pushing (the anterior chain).

Some change in the movement in the crank, demonstrated in the video, how to focus more on either, pushing or pulling.

One of the interesting thing that I noted (mentioned in the video) is how dramatically intense the loading of the abs is in the pushing part of the movement.

Last edited:

Don Fairbanks

SFG II
Certified Instructor
The Concept 2

They definitely own the Rower Market because they have been around so long and it is a very simple, durable piece of equipment.

I owned a Concept 2 for a while and liked it.

Now let look some the differences in the...

Other Rowers

One of the benefits of some of the other rowers in the market are...

1) Belt Drive: Many are belt driven compared to the chain drive, like the Concept 2. Belt drive has a smoother feel.

2) Magnetic Brake with Air Resistance: Many of the other combine a Magnetic Brake Resistance with Air Resistance.

The benefit of Brake Resistance is the it provide more initial resistance in the initial pull from the bottom, then the Air Resistance kicks in. That means more resistance is provide through a greater range of the movement.

The Pull-Push Rower

Rowers primarily overload the posterior chain with some loading in the Quads (anterior chain) from driving the the legs into the platform.

One unique Rower provides a Total Body work out; the anterior chain along with the posterior chain.

The Inspire Rower

This rower provides resistance for pulling (the posterior chain) and pushing (the anterior chain).

Some change in the movement in the crank, demonstrated in the video, how to focus more on either, pushing or pulling.

One of the interesting thing that I noted (mentioned in the video) is how dramatically intense the loading of the abs is in the pushing part of the movement.
Concept 2-Echo Bike hybrid, nasty.

Top Bottom