all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What is the only thing everyone can agree on when it comes to training?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JeffC

Level 7 Valued Member
There are so many training philosophies to build strength and athleticism. I think the only thing that is universally agreed upon is eat more vegetables.

How lame is that?

I think we can all agree that exercise is good (in a general sense). I'm not sure if everyone agrees on eat more veggies, in a recent video mark bell decided to cut out veggies and just eat meat... (personally think thats a bad idea.)

I'm not sure if everyone agrees on eat more veggies, in a recent video mark bell decided to cut out veggies and just eat meat... (personally think thats a bad idea.)

While I haven't joined the zero-carbers/carnivores in their eating habits - those that do well on the diet seem be incredibly healthy. I myself need a fair bit of red meat to feel strong and healthy (and I would be more likely to abandon vegetables than meat).

But we're mostly butting up against bioindividuality here and the idea that there isn't one perfect diet for everybody. Following the vegan template of lots of veggies and whole grains got me incredibly sick - but that might not be the case for somebody who doesn't end up having celiac disease.

Hence why I went for a maxim with a little bit of interpretational wiggle room above. :)

+1 to consistency. I think we can all agree on that.

+1 to veggies. I would guess that not even the very few who have pusposely excluded veggies from their health would recommend against eating veggies in general.

I think its great that to some extent, everything seems to work! I like variety.

Progressive/variable loading, either by managing time under tension, rest time, level of resistance, set/rep structure, or all of the above.

+1 to veggies. I would guess that not even the very few who have pusposely excluded veggies from their health would recommend against eating veggies in general.

There is a very large group of people who only eat meat and drink water. Check out this facebook group. I'm not picking a fight btw - I follow this group because I find it extremely interesting. There's even a faction of this group that only consumes raw meat. As I said above, I haven't joined their ranks and will continue to eat a varied Paleo diet, but they would very much recommend against eating veggies in general.

I think there is a place for unsustainable consistency. Meat is more about what the meat eats, which is hopefully more vegetables.

One thing is a constant concerning training / exercise etc. ; more people should do it!

I’d go with consistency... i think we can all agree that you won’t go anywhere if you don’t show up and do the work (sustainable or not is already open for debate)

So to quote Dan John (as usual he’s the go-to quote guy)
“Show up”
And
“Little and often over the long haul”

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom