all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What is the ultimate solution for non-slipping exercise mats?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mw-b

First Post
Hi, I need an exercise mat that super strong and prevent sliding on each side. I have done different types of things but none of them worked. I am open to any advice or product recommendation.
Note: I will perform heavy glute bridges with resistance bands(200 lbs) on this mat.
Note: I have a budget of up to 100 US $. But I need the exercise mat can do its job. Most exercise mats on the market are designed to only bodyweight exercises and yoga poses but not for heavy exercises.
1. Classic Exercise Mat
I have looked the internet and buy a classic exercise mat which has a dotted layer but this layer does not help much to the sliding problem and it slides on heavy resistance band exercises all over the floor.
2. Adhesive non-slip pads
I tried to fix this problem with adhesive pads. Installed adhesive non-slip pads, it worked very well but they hurt my skin of the back.
3. Non-slip rug pads
I tried non-slip rug pads but it only prevent to sliding the yoga mat on the floor it doesn't prevent my back sliding on the mat.
4. Wet Towel on Mat
I placed a wet towel to the dotted surface of the exercise mat but this technique didn't work.

What slides? Your shoulders? A video of your glute bridge would help.

-S-

Hi, I need an exercise mat that super strong and prevent sliding on each side. I have done different types of things but none of them worked. I am open to any advice or product recommendation.
Note: I will perform heavy glute bridges with resistance bands(200 lbs) on this mat.
Note: I have a budget of up to 100 US $. But I need the exercise mat can do its job. Most exercise mats on the market are designed to only bodyweight exercises and yoga poses but not for heavy exercises.
1. Classic Exercise Mat
I have looked the internet and buy a classic exercise mat which has a dotted layer but this layer does not help much to the sliding problem and it slides on heavy resistance band exercises all over the floor.
I tried to fix this problem with adhesive pads. Installed adhesive non-slip pads, it worked very well but they hurt my skin of the back.
3. Non-slip rug pads
I tried non-slip rug pads but it only prevent to sliding the yoga mat on the floor it doesn't prevent my back sliding on the mat.
4. Wet Towel on Mat
I placed a wet towel to the dotted surface of the exercise mat but this technique didn't work.
1. Classic Exercise Mat
3. Non-slip rug pads
4. Wet Towel on Mat
/// Try looking into "Horse Stall Mats." Typically found at farm & agricultural stores (i.e., Tractor Supply Co.)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom