all posts post new thread

Nutrition What kind of diet does everyone here follow?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I eat a strict gluten-free diet because I have Celiac Disease. I avoid the processed GF foods and focus on whole foods. My biggest meal is breakfast: oatmeal, cup of icelandic yogurt, one egg and two cups of coffee. I have five hours between breakfast and lunch on workdays. Lunch is usually some sort of bean (pinto, black) mixed with salsa and guacomole with another cup of yogurt. Dinner is whatever my husband makes. Lately I have added a protein shake before bed. This seems to stave of hunger at 3 am. I only add in a snack before dinner if I am feeling really hungry.

Breakfast: Protein Shake, Coffee
Mid-Morning: Protein Bar
Lunch: Mostly Vegetarian, Some Grilling
Late-Afternoon: Protein Shake
Dinner: Variety (Often Vegetarian)
Late-Evening: Scotch or Tea

Supplements: Multivitamin
Kiacek, are you on a vegetarian diet?
Wow. I'm surprised by how little some of you eat.
I do miss food sometimes, and sometimes I worry about strength/muscle loss/not optimal for training; but the benefit of small/no amount of food at a certain time of the day is far greater for me.
Anyway, it's nice when you eat big and lift big.

What kind of diet does everyone here follow and what's everyone's philosophy regarding diet?

Balanced macros... mostly whole (unprocessed) foods... plenty of fiber... adequate protein... healthy fats. Usually 3 meals a day and a snack or two (yogurt, fruit, egg). Pretty dull, really :)

One thing I will do on days where my training is more focused on walking is to reduce my calories a bit. More eggs and fish with veggies. This morning was a quick breakfast of riced cauliflower with a spicy mediteranean sauce, about two cups. I'll have my eggs with spinach for lunch and a salad for dinner.

Meat ( beef, game and liver mostly) , eggs, fish , goat cheese , squash , sweet potatoes, home-grown fruit that is in season, lettuce in summer. Raw milk in spring. Some nuts in autumn. Olives, Olive oil , Butter, Red wine, dark chocolate. Coffee, tea and water.
2 - 3 meals a day.

1. Quality and quantity. Moderate amount, good foods.
2. Needs-based - eat, if hungry, or need a fuel for upcoming activities, don't eat if not hungry, even if it's regular meal time.
3. Never follow to the letter any of the structured, certain components based diets. Life is dynamic enough not to fit any of these, and short enough not to enjoy tasty food.

Vegan, 'intermittently healthy'.

I don't count calories or track macros but, when I'm on top of things, I ensure that everything I cook has at least something green and a decent source of protein. I eat a lot of carbohydrates, plenty of soya products, gluten and try to moderate my intake of processed sugar.

I have a low body fat percentage (11-13%), mostly due to genetics, and eat to maintain weight. I am fairly light for my height (≈66kg/145lbs at 175cm/5'9") and aim to stay that way as I plan to compete in weightlifting in the 67kg weight class, at least until my size/weight becomes a limiting factor in terms of how much I can lift.

I do various levels of IF, usually a 36 hour fast on Monday. Mostly home cooked food, 80% paleo, moderate carbs.

The recent big change for me was to quit drinking, I used to drink about 10 beers a week (10 12oz cans of IPA). After quitting I dropped 10 pounds, BAM! I feel much less bloated too.

Allen Carr's 'Easy way to control alcohol' is what got me to quit. It is promoted as being effortless, I can vouch for this claim.

Low-Carb/Keto-ish/Paleo-ish. I eat when I am hungry, usually in a window from about 10-2 and a snack/light meal at night with my families dinner.

I also drink all the coffee. I do not do an IV, but that is the only way I could get more in me. I rarely do any sugar, or booze, but not never.

There is the GTG method of eating. Grease the Goo involves dousing sauces and condiments all over your food, especially things you wouldn't normally put condiments on. For example, put curry ketchup on your cereal or mustard and relish on your brownies or Sriracha sauce and pickles in your coffee. Guaranteed weight loss because you will find you have less appetite.

If I buy food I try to stay vegan. Lots of millet, tofu and kale. When freegan, I allow myself to eat dairy and eggs. Also, I try to feed myself with unprocessed/low-processed food as much as possible. Supplementing B12 and D3.

usually a 36 hour fast on Monday.
I wish my Mondays were 36 hours long too.

So basically you have dinner on sunday and lunch on Tuesday? I've been experimenting with this as well and like it so far. Last week I did it and then went on to eat one meal a day the rest of the week. I was surprisingly hunger free all week. It was like the 36 hour fast got rid of my hunger all week long.

I suspect I may have never eaten millet in my life. How do you cook it/use it?

The sweet variant: cook it with water in proportions 1:4, dried/fresh fruits, peanut butter, soy milk. I treat it as a pumped-up version of oatmeal.
The savory variant: cook it with vegetable stock in proportions 1:2. Use instead of rice next to your protein source and greens.

I’m also on the see-food diet.
I mean food too not s***, most of the stuff I see people putting in their mouths these days I don’t class as food.
Also currently taking daily iron supplement of 24kg, & considering upping this to 32kg in the next couple of weeks.

I wish my Mondays were 36 hours long too.

So basically you have dinner on sunday and lunch on Tuesday? I've been experimenting with this as well and like it so far. Last week I did it and then went on to eat one meal a day the rest of the week. I was surprisingly hunger free all week. It was like the 36 hour fast got rid of my hunger all week long.
That's right, it breaks the weekend and puts me back into work mode.

27 years old, 195cm and approx 80kg

I eat... EVERYTHING!

I aim to fast for 16 hours each day, however it’s more often 14-15 now. No big deal.

I eat processed foods often (like canned sardines on sourdough bread) because I prefer not to cook if I don’t feel like it. I like cooking, so I prefer to do it when I can share the meal and cook at a leisurely pace. Usually at dinner with my partner, something simple and delicious. I often cook like Marco Pierre White in his ‘Marco Made Easy’ book. Highly recommended.

I also drink lots wine!

I have been indulging myself in the manner above for a long time now. I achieved ‘timeless simple’ this month and I’ll be changing the program to the ‘sinister’ template and introducing the 40kg bell on November 1! I started S&S in January. Steady, uninterrupted progress. I think that demonstrates the validity of S&S, it works despite my diet!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom