all posts post new thread

Nutrition What kind of diet does everyone here follow?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Adam R Mundorf

Level 6 Valued Member
Hello Everybody,

What kind of diet does everyone here follow and what's everyone's philosophy regarding diet?

I generally eat Warrior Diet style with a large meal at night. I take quite a few supplements that I believe are useful inspired by Ori Hofmeklers Ideas :
  • Salicin
  • Green Tea Extract
  • Probiotics
  • Creatine
  • Turmeric
  • Resveratrol
  • MultiVitamin
  • Fish Oil
  • Berberine
I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts and philosophies in regards to diet.

Thank you, Adam

Being kinda fat most my life, I've been looking for the holy grail of diets all my adulthood. I've tried scarsdale diet, I was vegetarian, vegan, raw-vegan and who know what else. All of these approaches worked to some degree, but left me feeling something was missing.

For the last 3 years or so, I have managed to stay near 15% body fat by doing IF 8-16. I'm very happy with this result, since 15% is acceptable, its possibly the best percentage of my life, and it has been nearly effortless.

This year, out of unknown reasons, I have been experimenting with prolonged fasts, like 24-36 hours, with insulin reduction following Jason Fung books and mixed with slow carb ala Tim Ferriss. I have also been oscillating between 16-8, OMAD and warrior diet style. The results have been very good so far, I got my waist to 79 cm, 3 cm lower than my previous best. It's kind of disorganized, I just go by feel and hunger.

My goal is pretty ambitious: I want to be at 12%, effortlessly, and not having to diet. It's out there somewhere, I'll find it sooner or later.

Something I just can't figure out is fruits. I love fruits, to the point I ate mostly fruits and greens for a couple of years. Nowadays I eat them too, but they dont seem to fit too well with the IF, low insulin model. Warrior diet allows them, but if I eat fruits during the day ala warrior diet, they seem to trigger my appetite. Sometimes I eat them before the meals, and that seems to work fine. It will fall in place eventually.

Basically, rice as the main food, then vegetable, then bits of meat/egg/stuff like that.

In the past, I followed a more strict macrobiotics diet, if you could call it.

Nowadays I have more eggs/meat in my daily food.

I drink coffee, but I try to stop that before 7 PM.

Some day I fast one or two meals. Some day I eat more...

I eat two meals daily (lunch and dinner) of mainly meat and vegetables but I don't worry too much. In the morning I just drink coffee. I don't snack or eat sugary foods. Two good-sized meals plus some beer daily pretty effortlessly holds me around 20% body fat. I've learned to live with that as in the past I've always struggled to maintain lower. I supplement with Creatine daily and BCAA post workout. If I gain weight (at the moment I'm a post lockdown 24% body fat) I substitute meals for protein shakes. For arthritis I also take a Mercola recommended stack of krill oil, astaxanthin and curcumin. I also take naprogesic

I cook most of my meals myself. Avoid ready made stuff for the most part with some exceptions. The ingredients list is telling but not all there is to it.

I try to eat lots of vegetables and fruit daily, in many colours.

I avoid sugar apart from special occasions and such.

I limit my alcohol intake. Some is fine.

I try to have some animal or dairy on the plate on all of my meals.

I sometimes skip meals. The breakfast is easier at times, but I think I do better if I skip dinner.

I take vit D, magnesium and whey at times.

I like coffee but how much I have fluctuates a lot.

A. Paleo sans carb/lactose/gluten-neuroticism (plus tomatoes and eggplants aren't deadly-nightshade toxic) - i.e. real food, good oils

B. LeanGains sans macro-neuroticism (esp. trying to hit protein macros and cheesecake binges) - i.e. IF 16:8 - 20:4

C. 腹八分目 - stop eating when about 80% full (or start nibbling at a slice of Okinawa bitter-melon)

D. Disregard A. B. C. above for family get-togethers and when eating out - fully indulge in tonkotsu ramen, ShakeShack, yaki-niku et. al.
[N.B always remember to avoid the evil Okinawan gourd without exception - level of inebriation no excuse, extreme prejudice advised]

• Liposomal C
  • Liquid Zn
  • D3 4000 i.u.
  • Super K Elite
0 - 3x / week stochastic

• High-absorption Mg
  • NZ Green-Lipped Mussel powder
  • Probiotics
Every night before bed with yogurt or kefir

E. Vitamin Beer - preferably Japanese lagers or Czech pilsners, imbibed daily - particularly refreshing after lifting, swinging, or snatching Fe

Last edited:
I eat everyday like this...

Breakfast: Big bowl of oatmeal whit cottage cheese, berries and peanut butter. Two slices of ryebread. Lots of coffee. Breakfast is my biggest meal of a day.

Snack: fruit or quark, coffee

Lunch: rise and chicken or pasta or some casseroll, coffee

Snack: fruit or quark, coffee

Dinner: salad with tuna or chicken, some olive oil and seeds

Evening snack: greek joqurt with honey.

I also cook my foods by myself, using real butter and cream. I try not to use processed meat products and other processed stuff.
I love chocolate and ice cream and eat them moderate amount about once a week. I dont use any supplements.

My bodyfat is about 7% or less and my blood values are top notch.

Last edited:
I still focus on loosing weight and I just eat 3 meals a day and try to avoid snacking. Nothing crazy. Meat, veggies and a carb source like pasta, rice or potatoes. Usually with some salad or a piece of fruit. I don't even count calories or macros. As long as it fits on a plate and fills me up I am good. It works great most of the time and I have already lost more than 35lbs. But all it takes is 1-2 weeks with a lot of stress and little sleep and I start skipping meals and snacking instead. That usually means +5lbs before I go back to "normal". So for me the biggest challenge is avoiding bad habits.

I have something 200-calorie-ish most mornings with coffee and vitamins, and something else about the same size mid-afternoon some days, and then dinner.

I never took vitamins until maybe age 50 or so - I eat less and less the older I get (currently age 65) and I think the vitamins help. The only thing I can vouch for is that I started having muscle cramps and when I added a potassium supplement, they stopped, and if I stop the potassium supplement, the muscle cramps return within a few days, so that's a keeper. (If I could afford the calories, I'd have a banana every day instead.) My list:

Multi-vitamin
Potassium
Magnesium
Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Vitamin D

-S-

Breakfast: Protein Shake, Coffee
Mid-Morning: Protein Bar
Lunch: Mostly Vegetarian, Some Grilling
Late-Afternoon: Protein Shake
Dinner: Variety (Often Vegetarian)
Late-Evening: Scotch or Tea

Supplements: Multivitamin

For me, what works extremely well for body comp maintenance is 3 meals a day. I stick to this almost 100%, snacking probably less than 2x a week.

Breakfast is almost always the same, an egg sandwich on a bagel with some sort of greens and tomato with a cup of black coffee
Another black coffee at work
Lunch is universally leftover, and if not its a tuna or salmon salad.

Dinner universally has whole foods and a small glass of wine. My wife and I love cooking and exploring different cuisine. Our focus is on making authentic recipes with great flavours (I hate to admit it but we are the couple with an IG account that posts our food and recipe), and authentic more often than not means "not processed". We average fish 1x a week and a vegetarian meals 1-2x a week. I don't specifically avoid meat, it's just our favourite cuisines (Italian, eastern mediterranean and then Indian) have many great vegetarian dishes for chickpeas, lentils, etc. I would love to eat fish more, but we live smackdab in the middle of the continent and therefore fish can be pricey.

Last edited:
No rigid rules but mostly:

- 2 main meals a day (biggest in evening)
- A good mix of macros (I believe we need them all)
- Lots of fruits and veggies
- Mostly unprocessed foods
- Red wine at weekends
- Room for indulgences

Zero: guilt/calorie counting/dogma/phobia

I have something 200-calorie-ish most mornings with coffee and vitamins, and something else about the same size mid-afternoon some days, and then dinner.

I never took vitamins until maybe age 50 or so - I eat less and less the older I get (currently age 65) and I think the vitamins help. The only thing I can vouch for is that I started having muscle cramps and when I added a potassium supplement, they stopped, and if I stop the potassium supplement, the muscle cramps return within a few days, so that's a keeper. (If I could afford the calories, I'd have a banana every day instead.) My list:

Multi-vitamin
Potassium
Magnesium
Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Vitamin D

-S-
Another solid proof of concept is your zero CAC score.

Wow. I'm surprised by how little some of you eat. I am a bigger guy, closer to 235lb. I think some of my meals are larger than what some of you eat in 1 day (maybe an exaggeration)!

Ideally, I eat 6 meals a day. 7 if it's a strength training day. I say "ideally" because it is hard to eat this much. Sometimes I miss a meal. I have a nutrition plan that I follow (I'm not 100%). However, on the weekends if we have a date night or if I meetup with friends I relax and and go with the flow and try not to be a PITA.

Sometimes eat a small meal before going out for dinner with friends, because I dont get enough food. LOL. I'm that guy.

My nutrition plan is based off the Vertical Diet.

Regards,

Eric

I do my best to keep nearly all processed foods out of my life.

Breakfast: 6 eggs scrambled with a 1/2 bag of spinich
Lunch: Very large salad of a head of romaine, 1/3 bag of spinach, 1 bell pepper, 1/3 of a red onion, feta, olives, a mix of dressing and oil
Dinner: Meat and veggies, depends of what I have in the fridge, glass or two of wine

Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Moderate amounts of protein, carbs & fat at each, paying closest attention to protein.

I used to IF, but don't see the point anymore.

For a long time I did Intermittent Fasting and a paleo diet. Then I went to IF and Keto and felt great. Then IF/carnivore and lost like 40 lbs in a 3 months.

Now I’m doing Rite Of Passage and I feel pretty sluggish if I don’t eat as much as I can when I can. Usually some berries/yogurt after my training 1lb meat for lunch and 1lb meat for dinner... Even eating a small sweet potato some night!

I’ll defend the paleo diet til death for a great entry point for anyone looking fora good change from the standard American diet.
And for those disciplined enough keto and carnivore seem to yield great results (at least up to a point for me. when training got a little more intense I felt like adding some carbs didn’t hurt and I’m still at 175). After a heavy ROP session I can almost FEEL my cells sucking up every single calorie.

For a long time I did Intermittent Fasting and a paleo diet. Then I went to IF and Keto and felt great. Then IF/carnivore and lost like 40 lbs in a 3 months.

Now I’m doing Rite Of Passage and I feel pretty sluggish if I don’t eat as much as I can when I can. Usually some berries/yogurt after my training 1lb meat for lunch and 1lb meat for dinner... Even eating a small sweet potato some night!

I’ll defend the paleo diet til death for a great entry point for anyone looking fora good change from the standard American diet.
And for those disciplined enough keto and carnivore seem to yield great results (at least up to a point for me. when training got a little more intense I felt like adding some carbs didn’t hurt and I’m still at 175). After a heavy ROP session I can almost FEEL my cells sucking up every single calorie.
More berries,sweet potato,winter squash,honey, salt could help the sluggo bit if it pops up.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom