all posts post new thread

Nutrition What kind of diet you are currently running?

What kind of diet you are currently running?

• Total voters
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
How do you do that. A quick look at the nutritarian pyramid tells me to get 30-60% of cals from vegetables.
I have problems eating 3000cals per day with calorie dense food like meat and fish, but under no circumstances would I be able to eat 900-1800cals from just vegetables.
900-1800cals equal 2.6Kg-5.2Kg of broccoli :eek:
That's a load of broccoli....

How do you do that. A quick look at the nutritarian pyramid tells me to get 30-60% of cals from vegetables.
I have problems eating 3000cals per day with calorie dense food like meat and fish, but under no circumstances would I be able to eat 900-1800cals from just vegetables.
900-1800cals equal 2.6Kg-5.2Kg of broccoli :eek:

I also do these: https://www.foundmyfitness.com/reports/micronutrient-smoothie.pdf

Provides a big nutrient density boost without too much bulk.

For all the lchf and keto people out there, have you ever tried the steak eggs and butter diet. Apparently all you eat for five days is two meals a day of steak and eggs cooked in butter. On the sixth day (or seventh if you want) you eat some carbs. It sound very similar to the anabolic diet. It's supposed to melt the fat off you and people report feeling great. I would probably add in some spinach or a greens drink.

@HUNTER1313- I did it two years ago and it worked great. The key for me was to change the type of beef from day to day and the way I prepped my eggs. Every 4-5 days I added steamed veggies and had salmon, usually on a Friday. I'm on a LC plan now and may jump on the steak and eggs again soon. I took a fiber supplement morning and night to keep me regular. The fiber also took the edge off before my first meal around noon.

ShawnM.. what was your experience? Physique, energy, and strength wise?
My problem would be cooking steak at noon. And eating cold steak just isn't my cup of tea. Carrying a bunch of eggs is no big deal though.

Also, I'm relegated to using a George Foreman grill in my motel room.

@HUNTER1313- Energy evened out after a day or so, no biggie. The Forman is fine, I use mine for everything. My lunch was usually ground beef, easier to heat in the microwave. With ground beef I usually browned in a pan with butter, onion, peepers and spices. At night I had steak, seemed like a treat after ground beef for lunch. I think I'll jump on this Monday and log it here until June 1st.

I don't have access to a microwave at lunch either. I was thinking a few cans of tuna in olive oil and the eggs.

That would work just fine. Yeah, steak and eggs is the prescription but any decent, clean, fatty protien with eggs would work. Or just more eggs, like 6-9 hard billed at lunch with more meat at dinner. I'm starting Monday, I needed the motivation to do something a little different again. Thanks for the motivation @ HUNTER1313!

What is your opinion on some spinach or a greens drink?

@HUNTER1313- I think they are fine to be honest with you. The original Gironda plan included a salad/greens on the evening meal I believe. I'm starting Monday and will have a daily log here until June 1st.

I will be looking forward to your log. The one thing I keep reading is it's a fat loss diet and at the very minimum you maintain muscle. Now at the very least with all that steak (meat) and eggs, I'd like to put on a little muscle.

I haven't really acquired a taste for beer, either, so I guess I'm OK skipping blender-ized kale. :)

-S-

Me neither (beer). Greek yogurt and frozen fruit really improves the taste if you are into that sort of thing. Also, 1/2 lemon, peel and all really gives a nice flavor. You just have to mix and match and play with the ingredients and see what happens. A good blender helps. I use a blendtec, which will blend a broomstick to powder. Makes it super easy.

I have just switched from the "Warrior Diet/IF" to the Ketogenic diet. While IF was easy for me in the beginning, I was really struggling the last couple of weeks. I made a couple of lifestyle changes, and with my weight loss plateauing, I decided to add a dietary change as well. So today is the first day for me. I had this for breakfast: 3 medium eggs scrambled, 4 oz. of hot sausage crumbled & precooked, 2 oz. each of red & green bell pepper, 3 tbsp of minced garlic, one small plum tomato, all cooked in 1 tbsp of butter, with a large coffee that has 4 tbsp of whole milk, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, and 2 scoops of whey protein. So far, so good, that meal almost hit the numbers exactly as I should be hitting, 62% fat, 30% protein, 8% carbs. If I take out one scoop of whey protein, I would have hit 68/25/7, which is where I should be to hit ketosis, according to my research.

Currently I'm running what might be called a "conventional" diet. I am not lo carb by any stretch. Probably 30% fat, 40% carb and 30% protein. In the next month or two I'll be slowly decreasing my carbs and fat a touch and increasing my protein.

Most of my carbs are fruit and veg but also a fair amount from natural sugars in my milk, honey, the odd bowl of ice cream. I don't do much bread anymore though sometimes will add two pieces of toast with butter to the breakfast table.

Breakfast is a large smoothie of milk, walnuts and almonds, coconut and honey.

A serving of fruit and Greek yogurt for a snack.

Lunch is whatever dinner leftover I found in the fridge.

Another piece or two of fruit mid afternoon. Calorie boost shake - milk or soy milk with an extra dose of powdered milk and some peanut butter.

Dinner frequently includes hi protein pasta, veges, turkey or chicken. Potatoes also common.

No snacks at night time, a beer or two, the odd shot of whiskey.

Reactions: Jan
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom