all posts post new thread

Nutrition What kind of diet you are currently running?

What kind of diet you are currently running?

• Total voters
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yes, only thing one needs - besides kettlebells - is a broken nose and cauliflower ears look. I was kidding, but I'm not running either and prolly never will.

I am following the "Warrior Diet" at the moment. I am under my caloric needs throughout the day, and then a solid meal after my evening workout. I am happy to report that I have lost 15+ lbs following this protocol. I celebrate "Faturday", and then do my best to stick to the program, which I usually do not have an issue with following. What makes it tough is my co-workers regularly bring in bagels, donuts & other sweets. As a carb junkie, those days are rough.

Hello,

To a certain extent, I think that sometimes it is good to change the diet to teach the body to adapt, and also to teach it how to work another way. Of course, this has to be done if we do not have medical constraints, etc... Training while fasting is different from training doing 3 light meals a day for instance.

It permits to figure out what is good for us, at a precise moment.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

I am changing my diet (from paleo eating using IF frame to Japanese diet). I think any changes can be a good experience (even if one has to go back to the previous diet) Nonetheless, changes have to be smooth and progressive. I was not used to "carbs" but with very small amount, everything is ok for the moment.

A good diet is a diet which makes you healthier with pleasure while taking into account your constraints

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

I am changing my diet (from paleo eating using IF frame to Japanese diet). I think any changes can be a good experience (even if one has to go back to the previous diet) Nonetheless, changes have to be smooth and progressive. I was not used to "carbs" but with very small amount, everything is ok for the moment.

A good diet is a diet which makes you healthier with pleasure while taking into account your constraints

Kind regards,

Pet'
Hi @pet' (first time I ask you directly??;)) do you have tofu/ soy?

Hello,

@elli
Yes I have tofu.

I did not eat tofu while I ran paleo diet. Nonetheless, I eat it now. The good thing about this product is that you can mix it with almost whatever you want, to replace meat. In function of the type of tofu I take (silky or not), I do not cook the same thing. Globally, the taste is pretty neutral.

This is very high proteins, low fat and lof carbs. Even if this is not meat, there is all the animo acids. this makes it pretty "complete". It satiates very well and very fast so you do not have to eat huge quantities. I put some in salads, soups, etc... Japanese diet makes you eat lots of little portions.

What I like with this diet, is that I can "eat with my eyes". This is a kind of principle which globally makes you eat every food you want to eat (accordling to the diet of course), if the color attracts you. I believe that if I want to eat something "red" (red sweet pepper, beetroot, carrot, etc..) this is because my body needs it. I entirely trust it. Then, when I want to do a specific recipe, I buy what it is necessary. For the rest, I buy in function of the color. The more color in the food, the better !

Kind regards,

Pet'

What exactly is considered high fat, medium protein, and low carb? To me, high protein is 1.5 to 2g per pound of body weight. As for carbs I've seen some say keep it under 100g and others say under 30g.

Hello,

@HUNTER1313
It can vary a little in function of interpretations.

High protein is superior to 1.2 - 1.3. A "daily need" is suppsed to be between 0.8 and 1.2
Low carb is about 40g if you want to be in ketosis. In itself, between 70 and 100 is not "high carb" though.
High fat is : the calories you do not get by protein (around 1.1g/kg of bdw) and relatively low carb (about 50 - 60) are provided by fat.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

I also use this principle, it works pretty well actually ! :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Currently doing Atkins diet. About to finish 2nd week and going well so far. Definitely noticing fat loss, and strength has not diminished. Diet consists of eggs, meat, seafood, leafy greens, broccoli etc., healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. It's amazing how simple feeding yourself well can be, really.

My wife and I have been doing simple intermittent fasting for a few months. Just eat close to sunset (or earlier) and then take a 13 hour (or more) break before you have anything but water.

She lost weight. I traded couple of pounds of fat for muscle and we both have more energy and sleep better.

For anyone who is interested there is a lot of science behind this:
myCircadianClock Blog

And a helpful iOS app:
Introducing “Zero,” a new app to help you fast – Kevin Rose – Medium

Hello,

Is the Atkins diet about avoiding processed food and refined sugars ? Is there also a timing dimension ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Is the Atkins diet about avoiding processed food and refined sugars ? Is there also a timing dimension ?

Atkins is about severely restricting carbohydrates that affect blood sugar. So there's a limit on the "Net Carbs" (which are, total carbohydrate not including fiber content or sugar alcohols). Depending on which version of the diet you follow, it starts with a limit of 20g or 40g of Net Carbs per day. There is no timing element, and there are few quantity restrictions other than the carbs. 20g is enough for ketosis for most people.

I think there may be better diet options overall, but my husband and I know how to do this one and it has worked for us before, so we picked it for the current effort. I have found this time around that I can do it pretty healthy --- rather than eating a ton of bacon and whatnot, I stick to healthy meats and fats, and eat LOTS of veggies that have low "Net Carbs". I have found that my energy is pretty evened out now that I'm adapted to it (on Day 12 now, though I eased into it for a week prior to that). Bodyweight is down 9 pounds in 18 days. Several pounds of that is water weight that goes with carbohydrates, but I know some of it is fat loss based on what I see, too. It does work quickly.

+1 for Atkins. I fell into the trap the first time I tried it, eating way to much fat for fat sake. Now I'm eat steak, pork, chicken and seafood with grilled or broiled veggies. If I get a taste for sugar I mix a scoop or two of whey with peanut butter and whole fat milk, it takes the edge off.
My energy is great and have had no strength loss. No stomach bloat and I look and feel so much better.

Hello,

@Anna C
What is the difference between Atkins and keto then ? Indeed, it seems that Atkins also use the ketonic element to target fat loss. Is there some calories counting for instance ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom