all posts post new thread

Programming Improv What leg exercises should I do now?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

YoungSaxon

Level 1 Valued Member
I have reached my goal with 10 x 10 goblet squats with a 72 lbs kb, I don’t have access to heavier weight.

what should I do know?

I have been doing bw pistol squats and hack squats with a 25 lbs kb

I am thinking about trying to get to a pistol with a 72 lbs kb, is this logical?

I have reached my goal with 10 x 10 goblet squats with a 72 lbs kb, I don’t have access to heavier weight.

what should I do know?

I have been doing bw pistol squats and hack squats with a 25 lbs kb

I am thinking about trying to get to a pistol with a 72 lbs kb, is this logical?
Pistol would be one option, and a good one.

Another is to work on single kettlebell front squats.

Another is to work on single leg squats or something like a Bulgarian split squat.

Young Saxon, congratulations. Great success.

Just with an intention of trying to be helpful, not trying to be arrogant at all I want to share my short history w Goblet Squat.

Only a few weeks ago, I have tested my front Suat (rack position so similar to GS) with two 24 Kgs. I think I have done 10 reps with a total of 48 kg.

I was honestly, thinking to buy two 32 kg KBs etc.

I have done a session with SF instructor, he showed me how I was rounding my back. And how I am supposed to engage my lats.

With proper form my G/S went down to... 8kg.... No kidding. But my depth change my form changed. While my real G/S weight was 8 kg :) I was able to fight 48 kg.... with a squat like move :)

So my question is, are you really 100% sure that you can not make those 10 reps of yours, even better ones? Before increasing the weight? Is your form the best? (BTW I am no one to judge a good G/S form my self don't get me wrong) but I wonder if you can still find some room to develop with the same weight. That "progress of form with same weight might bring the best increase in strength." If you are rounding your back just half an inch to hit 10 rep. Keeping that 1/2 inch straight will bring more gain than going up in weight in my experience. With 8 kg of my G/S I am proudly working myself more and going in better direction than I was fighting w 48kg. I m not saying you should go down as much as I had to (I am just as stiff as a piece of thick wood... at least as of now) but you might want to think about your form.

Hope you take this comment from positive side.

PS: I did not look at your profile :) In this forum there is chance to bump in to extremely experienced people. So if that is the case and you real athlete all my words are going to be taken back with respect :) I hope you are not the author of "GS form and technique Volume 2... :))

I do enjoy 24kg + 32kg front squats. Alternating hands by stepping to the opposite side each set. That might be a nice upgrade.

Although I don't know what your equipment selection is though.

And yeah. Pistols with a 32kg 70lbs bell is great. And if you can do it bottoms up... That's something I would wanna see

Mate, what's your goal? Hypertrophy? Strength? Or you just want to do a harder thing with kettebell and reap the benefit from it?

Skater Squats and/or deficit Skater Squats or single leg squats from a crate.

Load them up similar to a pistol or roll the KB up onto your traps - holding it in front will cause more issues with balance than anything else.

Clean and squat in the rack. Left, Right. Ladders, (1,2,3,4,5) or (2,3,5) 5 ladders
Work:Rest 1:2
Like ETK except for legs.

I'd like to see a vid of your goblet squats and pistols just so we can have more context

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom