all posts post new thread

What Not To Eat, A Food Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

banzaiengr

Level 6 Valued Member
I have a goal for the fall of 2019. I have a plan for 2019. I will work the plan to achieve that goal. Part of that plan involves what has always been the toughest part of a healthy lifestyle for me, diet. No scratch that, the toughest part used to be consuming only a responsible amount of beer. I couldn't do that so I quit. I'll have six years in next month. Should I quit eating, probably.

I welcome all comments, suggestions, and questions as I am the poster boy for you can't out train a bad diet.

12/26

Breakfast
64 oz of coffee consumed 12 oz. at a time throughout the morning.
1 Low Sugar Detour bar

Lunch - Post workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Pork Steak w/sauerkraut
Green Beans

Last edited:
Are you using a specific approach, or just generally trying to avoid stuff you know is bad for you?

That's a good question. Not really using a specific approach really. This is why generally I don't like food logs or counting calories and such. I don't really know for sure what Keto is but I would guess it's something like that. Meat, eggs, vegetables with lots of salads. Try to avoid sugar at all costs and limit grains and starches. These next few weeks I'm trying to continue to ease into it as I've been doing the past several weeks. I've had luck with this approach before along with some fasting.

Addendum to 12/26 log;

Dinner
Two hours later the wheels came off. 1 Low sugar Detour Bar and 6 oz. of peanuts.

12/27

Breakfast
Coffee
1 Low Sugar Detour Bar

Lunch - Post Workout
Protein Shake

Snack
Nut Butter Clif Bar

Dinner
Chilli w/cheese

Last edited:
1/1

Breakfast
Butter Nut Clif Bar
Coffee

Dinner
Sm Dinner Salad
Meat Loaf
Black Eyed Peas

Last edited:
1/2

Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Meat Loaf
1/2 Baked Potato
Green Beans

Last edited:
1/9

It's been a week since my last post. As I had mentioned above, the past few weeks have only been a time where I was "easing" into clean eating.

I was thinking about ending this log. I wasn't really eating as clean as I needed too. Also, although I was only posting what I ate which isn't a tough thing, I had a attitude of what's the point.

Tuesday I began my regimented diet. This will be very similar to the diet I used to prepare for the 2016 Spring TSC. The goal there was to simply lower body fat to increase my pull up numbers.

This time it's not to prepare for the TSC. It's simply to get back to where I was prior to shattering my left heel a little over two years ago. I have no way of knowing precisely what my body fat level is currently. Below 15% will be what I'm planning on getting to. This should be reachable by April or maybe a bit longer. Once I'm there I'll see where I'm at and at that time I would possibly start adding some whole grains to my diet.

1/8

Breakfast
Coffee
1 poached egg

Lunch/Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Pork Steak
Steamed Broccoli w/cheese

1/9

Breakfast
Coffee
2 poached eggs

Lunch/Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
2 Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Thighs on Stir Fry Veggies

Last edited:
1/11

Breakfast
Coffee
1 Poached Egg

Lunch/Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Med. Bowl Chilli

Last edited:
1/13

Breakfast
Coffee
Oatmeal with Blueberries

That wasn’t quite Keto?

Dinner
Hamburger Steak
Green Beans

Last edited:
1/15

Breakfast
Coffee
Low Sugar Detour Bar

Lunch/Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Dinner Salad
Ham/Potato Casserole : (

Last edited:
1/16

Breakfast
Coffee
Low Sugar Detour Bar

Lunch/Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Spinach Salad
Turkey Vegetable Soup

Last edited:
1/18

22 hr. fast

Post Workout
Protein Shake

Dinner
Hamburger Steak and Peas

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom