all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What results have you gotten with Clean and press?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brandon Trahan

Level 5 Valued Member
I just Did KSK (Geoff Neuperts King Sized Killer) and boy…it’s crazy the results you get without changing your diet…. Obviously should keep it clean but you know what i mean

Now I’m on THE GIANT………. AGAIN. With 2x28kg’s. On week 2 day 3. I feel So damn strong.

What kinda results do you guys notice from clean and press?

Im going to do either kettlebell strong next or dry fighting weight. Something about adding Squats makes me feel amazing.

Looking forward to discussing!

I learnt kb C&P early this year. Have done Giant 3.0 and now not far off finishing Strong. Love both Clean and Press and any of Geoff’s stuff. Simple, easy progress without killing yourself in the gym. I also struggle to stay under 100kg at 5’9”. Could be a bit leaner but I love to eat and I’m not looking to impress. I highly recommend Strong.

I started giant 3.0 with 2x20kg. I’m now almost finished Strong with 2x24. I started Strong with push press, but quickly went to straight clean and press.

I just Did KSK (Geoff Neuperts King Sized Killer) and boy…it’s crazy the results you get without changing your diet…. Obviously should keep it clean but you know what i mean

Now I’m on THE GIANT………. AGAIN. With 2x28kg’s. On week 2 day 3. I feel So damn strong.

Im going to do either kettlebell strong next or dry fighting weight. Something about adding Squats makes me feel amazing.

So prior to the pandemic, I usually benefitted from heavier double bell work.

Nowadays, being a bit more seasoned (currently 43) I decided to just go lighter in my double bell work but challenge myself by resting less .

I managed 10 sets 5 reps in my double clean and push press only resting a minute between sets and doing mostly Q and D a size up from my snatch test weight. Double bell work was also a size up from test weight

Managed to recert comfortably and only started practicing my snatch test pacing about 3 weeks out and not doing a snatch test in over 2 years

Clean and Press results... My clean gets better. My press gets better. My hips develop a pretty decent snap. My shoulders and arms get bigger. My back gets bigger. If I train it heavy enough my grip gets stronger.

I don't find it effects fat loss much more than anything else, provided my diet is where it should be.

Personally, back when I started I got great results from a big amount of GTG submaximal volume. Like 60-70% of future 1RM. Didn't need to go heavier. The end result was a 40kg press.

I should try it again and see how well it works as more advanced now. I have my doubts.

I have done ETK (2010-2011) S&S (2012-2013) Strong (2013) Strong/ONE (2014) DId my SFG in 2015 and then kinda got a bit burnt on th kb for a bit. Then a gap of various programs that had BW,Barbell and Dumbells. All were good. Came back to the bells hard this year with the GIANT and ran a full cycle with a lighter pair to dial in the technique. That torched fat and added muscle. 2nd round of GIANT with heavier bells and I am loving it. Gaining mass and feeling strong. Now I wonder why I ever stopped with the KB. @Geoff Neupert 's programs really seem to work for me in a way that some others just don't. Have fun, lift what makes ya feel STRONG and help others.

How did you like your results from KSK? Sounds like it yields great results (as does all of Geoff's programs). I've been working on leaning out and eating clean for the most part.

After I wrap up The Wolf in a couple weeks, I'm thinking of going into KSK or The Giant after. I'd like to break up the complex schedule and get into the auto-regulated space to change it up.

How did you like your results from KSK? Sounds like it yields great results (as does all of Geoff's programs). I've been working on leaning out and eating clean for the most part.

After I wrap up The Wolf in a couple weeks, I'm thinking of going into KSK or The Giant after. I'd like to break up the complex schedule and get into the auto-regulated space to change it up.
Man I leaned out with KSK. Given I’m 307 lbs, my biggest issue is my stomach (i love To eat), but i visibly tightened up and you can tell i leaned Out. Phase 3 gets brutallllllll. KSK will for sure be ran again in the future with heavier weight.

I have done ETK (2010-2011) S&S (2012-2013) Strong (2013) Strong/ONE (2014) DId my SFG in 2015 and then kinda got a bit burnt on th kb for a bit. Then a gap of various programs that had BW,Barbell and Dumbells. All were good. Came back to the bells hard this year with the GIANT and ran a full cycle with a lighter pair to dial in the technique. That torched fat and added muscle. 2nd round of GIANT with heavier bells and I am loving it. Gaining mass and feeling strong. Now I wonder why I ever stopped with the KB. @Geoff Neupert 's programs really seem to work for me in a way that some others just don't. Have fun, lift what makes ya feel STRONG and help others.
That’s amazing to hear. Yea i trained Under Mavericks field house and my friend Matt Steadman and even Brett Jones. I resonate Well with Brett Jones and Geoff’s programs. It’s about staying fresh. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna be easy though. So i feel You on all that!

My man Mike just gave an awesome description! Same with @Archer @Kev @watchnerd @Mark Limbaga et all. Clean and presses have always checked off a lot of boxes for me.....burn some chub, jack up the heart rate, build some muscle, improve strength, etc.

Stick with em, you'll be pleased!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom