all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed What to do after completing Total Tension Complex

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Vinay Chary

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello, friends. I’m approaching the final week of the Total Tension Complex. It’s been incredible. I’ve gone up from 6 to 8 on the Press ladder with 28ks, and from 7 to 9 on the squat ladders with 32ks. At 6’ and 170 pounds, turning 40 last week, I’m the oldest and strongest I’ve ever been :)

My question is what should I do next after completing the TTC program? I read somewhere that Pavel recommends doing S&S for two weeks, and then a pure strength program like ROP, but I can’t seem to find where I read that. My goal is to continue to put on lean muscle, while increasing strength. I’m thrilled with my progress, and want to intelligently program the next step of this journey, as I’ve never seen results like I have with TTC. Thanks in advance for your help!!

I enjoyed the ttc too, with lighter lumps than you as a detour from S&S and went back to S&S after it. I would need to check my training logs but think it was what you described above.....S&S simple to ROP indeed! Onwards and upwards....

I remember something similar to that as well from Pavel. It depends on what you want to do! ROP would be good to improve your press, or you could do a BB lift program such as PTTP. Pick a weakness and work on improving it is another option as well! Congrats on your recent success

Impressive! It was in the original article that Pavel recommended moving to a pure strength program:
This is it. Six weeks from now, there be noticeably more meat on your bones and you will possess a much deeper understanding of linkage and tension. Unload with a week of fun, easy training, and you are ready for a pure strength program such as (1, 2, 3) ladders and new PRs.

Total Tension Kettlebell Complex | StrongFirst

I believe in the comments he specifically said that ROP was a good choice.

Good luck!

Tim

Thanks for your help, gentlemen. Would kettlebell muscle be a good program to do next? I’ve been wanting to try this program for years. Thanks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom