all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What to do after SF520 protocol?..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

alexsunny123

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello,

Coming to the end of week 6 of the SF520 and thinking of what to do next. My goal is to deadlift 2x my body weight. I'm currently about 15kgs away from this. Also to press the beast. I was pressing a 36kg for singles before SF520, SF520 may lead to an improvement. Any thoughts on what program would be good to follow on from SF520 in light of this?

thanks
alexsunny

Hello,

Coming to the end of week 6 of the SF520 and thinking of what to do next. My goal is to deadlift 2x my body weight. I'm currently about 15kgs away from this. Also to press the beast. I was pressing a 36kg for singles before SF520, SF520 may lead to an improvement. Any thoughts on what program would be good to follow on from SF520 in light of this?

thanks
alexsunny
Welcome to the forum!

Can't go wrong with ROP ladders for pressing. There's good minimalist program that apparently Ed Coan developed for Mark Phillipi - two fairly accomplished dead lifters. It's a once a week deadlift practice with speed triples and barbell shrugs. Very effective, should have you easily blowing through a double bodyweight PR in 8-10 weeks. look it up, I'm sure there are layouts of it online.

@alexsunny123 How did your final press numbers come out?

At the bottom of this program there is the press program. The percentages there could be used for deadlifts if you wanted a DL specific program (there is warm-up weight not included in that table). A Science-Based Plan to Prepare You for the SFG Level I and SFG Level II | StrongFirst

(You could add in upper body pulls on your deadlift days and do squats and presses on the two in-between days. However, I am not sure what other goals you have besides deadlifts)

@alexsunny123 How did your final press numbers come out?

At the bottom of this program there is the press program. The percentages there could be used for deadlifts if you wanted a DL specific program (there is warm-up weight not included in that table). A Science-Based Plan to Prepare You for the SFG Level I and SFG Level II | StrongFirst

(You could add in upper body pulls on your deadlift days and do squats and presses on the two in-between days. However, I am not sure what other goals you have besides deadlifts)
Craig, may I ask how the Science Based Plan and the Waves of Strength Plan compare?

The latter has a much lower volume but relativley more heavy lifts. How would you describe the difference in terms of "feel" and effectiveness? Are they very different in application?
(I am currently working towards Simple and consider running one your plans afterwards. I tend to respond better to low volume.)

Hello Bauer, Both plans came from Pavel's Plan Strong (as you can tell from the Waves of Strength article). I can't remember all of the parameters that I adjusted, but I know the volume was the big one.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom