all posts post new thread

Bodyweight What would a bodyweight Program Minimum look like?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tellya

Level 1 Valued Member
I will be staying with family soon and won't have access to KBs. As per the title, what would a bodyweight Program Minimum look like? I know (and own) Naked Warrior but I see that book's goals as strength. Let's say the goals are the same as the original Program Minimum and S & S: strength and conditioning.

Ideally with a daily training element. Would, say, rotating between 10-15 mins a day of press-ups, pull-ups (or supine rows) and air squats do the trick?

You ask an interesting question.

One approach would be to pick a variation of each NW exercise that you could do for several reps and then do multiple sets, e.g., explosive, two-hand pushups and two-legged squats.

-S-

Hello,

I agree with @Steve Freides 's idea.

For instance, you can do for instance a few sets (or reps) of OAP or OAOL PU (this would be the strength part of the training). Then, you can pick up an easier variation (for instance, regular push ups), and do a few sets of multiple reps (targetting more endurance / strength endurance: 15 / 20 reps, very low rest between sets).

This is something I do most of the time and it works pretty well.

Otherwise, you can also do 'EMOM' protocol, using only hard variations. For instance, 1 OAP right, 1 OAP left, 1 pistol right, 1 pistol left, then rest until the minute is done, then repeat for 15, 20, 30 minutes.

Plenty of options so :) Strength Aerobics: A Powerful Alternative to HIIT | StrongFirst

The real good thing about hard push up variations is that they "naturally" include very intense core training, so it is time efficient.
Some HS plank can be done a few times a week as an "add-on".

Kind regards,

Pet'

I would mix push ups, pull ups, and squats into a burpee. Get down, do s eat of pushups, get back up, jump to a bar, pull, or something like that.

Or, train Indian wrestler style, with sun salutations, Hindu push ups, and Hindu squats.

Browse the interwebs, there should be tons of fun variations out there. If anything works really well, report back.

Pushups to hspu and pullups for upper-body. Squats to pistols for lower. Throw in some running and eventually sprints. If possible, add in some deadlifts or kettlebell work.

Thats what I would do.

Aleks Salkin has recently written to his mailing list that crawling + rows/pullups would be his bodyweight simple and sinister.

And his free 8 week program is also build around the idea of practicing those 2 exercises every second day for 10 minutes each. (The other day is swings and getups)

Aleks Salkin has recently written to his mailing list that crawling + rows/pullups would be his bodyweight simple and sinister.

And his free 8 week program is also build around the idea of practicing those 2 exercises every second day for 10 minutes each. (The other day is swings and getups)

Do you have a link to his 8 week program?

I will be staying with family soon and won't have access to KBs. As per the title, what would a bodyweight Program Minimum look like? I know (and own) Naked Warrior but I see that book's goals as strength. Let's say the goals are the same as the original Program Minimum and S & S: strength and conditioning.

Ideally with a daily training element. Would, say, rotating between 10-15 mins a day of press-ups, pull-ups (or supine rows) and air squats do the trick?

The bodyweight section at reddit have a recomended routine, done for three days. But I think their ”light” version would suffice minroutine - bodyweightfitness

Or the Classic 5–10-10

5 Muscle-ups
(Stay in the top position of the 5th MU, then)
10 Dips
(Drop down, then)
10 Pull-ups

The ol’ Muscles & Shrimp Fisherman Protocol. Ahoy.

Honestly, this was a unique and interesting response....

Muscle up is an interesting choice, but I get it: It's a pull and a push.

My bodyweight only program minimum would be...

... hill sprints and either handstand push-ups or planche push-ups. I reckon that'd cover as many bases as possible without equipment (unless a hill counts as 'equipment'). There's quite a high strength/skill barrier to performing either of those push-up variations though.

I think Aleks had a real thing going with crawling + pull ups as a daily "body weight S and S" program

Aleks is a really genuine guy and he would probably send you the email that maps it out.. but its basically crawling and upper body pulling

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom