all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Whats a good android app for....

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abdul-Rasheed

Level 6 Valued Member
I am not an IPhone user, I have an android. I have a Polar H7 heart rate reader. What's a good app for:

1. Timer that rings every few (configurable) seconds...this is to perform swings on the minute.
2. HR monitor app that
i) either beeps when it crosses the high limit or low limit (configurable)
ii) or that tracks the history of the HR changes, with time stamps

Or what do you do?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I use the Polar Beat app along with the H7 monitor. Then access the results online at Polar Flow. Here's what you get... this one is from my "Sinister" session (corresponds to the video... one set of squats and halos, then swings, then 10 get-ups), this one is from an A+A swings session.

I don't like to have a device beeping at me telling me when to go, but that's just my preference. I just go when I feel like it's time. Even if I'm trying to meet a time standard like in the video, I have the phone app (usually the Polar Flow) where I can see the time and check in to see how I'm doing, but I still just go when ready.

I would be interested in something that can be configured to beep when it crosses a HR low or high limit. Maybe the Polar has it and I haven't found it yet!

@Anna C I have seen the Beat app, i shall start using it then..i guess it gives the big picture of a single swing session? It can't be used for a break down of min/max HR for each rep of the set hands-free. How do you then integrate it with flow. I tried it today, i have saved the workout session in Beat. But it does not show up in Flow. How do we upload this to the cloud?

Me too, still looking for an app that alerts when we reach a threshold.

Ok, I figured it out he first issue of integration with Flow, Polar Flow had a setting for Google Fit. I had turned it on, so the work out was sent Google Fit. I think that's what happened.

Yes, looks like you got it going. So now you have one of your objectives. I've seen people recommend GymBoss app for timing, but I haven't tried it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom