all posts post new thread

Nutrition What's Your Diet Looking Like?

Adam R Mundorf

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey Everybody,

What does your diet look like?
Why do you eat this way?
What's your biggest struggle with food?

Thank you, Adam

I've got a pretty standard-looking diet.
I eat basic healthy foods that I like that fill me up.
Basically every Sunday I use Meal Prep Pro to plan the meals for the week, then cook them, portion them, and then eat them throughout the week.

This week I've been experimenting with smoothies in the morning. Basically milk, oats, protein powder, and berries. Drinking it slowly over 15-20 minutes seems to keep me plenty full until lunch.
Lunch today was peppers, broccoli, flank steak, and rice noodles.
Dinner was pork butt and chicken thighs slow-cooked for 9 hours with soy sauce, garlic, and pickled jalapenos. Shredded on rice with radishes, cucumbers, and coleslaw with rice vinegar instead of dressing.

Ends up around 2300-2500 calories and 180ish grams of protein a day right now.

Biggest struggle: my microwave broke and sometimes I'll choose a meal for the week that is tasty but doesn't fill me up.
Oh, and not getting distracted by fads. I had a bad habit of going all in on them for a few months at a time. Haven't done it for a while though.

I've got a pretty standard-looking diet.
I eat basic healthy foods that I like that fill me up.
Basically every Sunday I use Meal Prep Pro to plan the meals for the week, then cook them, portion them, and then eat them throughout the week.

This week I've been experimenting with smoothies in the morning. Basically milk, oats, protein powder, and berries. Drinking it slowly over 15-20 minutes seems to keep me plenty full until lunch.
Lunch today was peppers, broccoli, flank steak, and rice noodles.
Dinner was pork butt and chicken thighs slow-cooked for 9 hours with soy sauce, garlic, and pickled jalapenos. Shredded on rice with radishes, cucumbers, and coleslaw with rice vinegar instead of dressing.

Ends up around 2300-2500 calories and 180ish grams of protein a day right now.

Biggest struggle: my microwave broke and sometimes I'll choose a meal for the week that is tasty but doesn't fill me up.
Oh, and not getting distracted by fads. I had a bad habit of going all in on them for a few months at a time. Haven't done it for a while though.
That looks like a really solid diet. A bunch of real food. Do you take any other supplements other than the protein powder?

Home Chef with the missus 3 x per week.
Other days pizza, tacos, steak/chicken.
Skip breakfast most days.
Try to eat salads multiple days per week.
Sweets are a horrible addiction for me - ice cream, chocolate almonds, etc.
24-36 hr fasts once every week or 2 act like a therapeutic reset for me; I enjoy them and much easier than consistent portion control.

What led you to settle on keto and have you found it difficult at all to adhere to?
In 2021 I was preparing for an even, and wanted to reduce fat ASAP. Decided to follow the keto, and love it. Reduced around 16kg, and dropped waist from 95 cm to 83. Easy to follow, especially along with intermittent fasting.

Along the similar lines as @silverraw.

1. Pretty standard whole foods style diet. My wife is coeliac so that's really the only thing. We tend to have more rice than other grains but my meals look fairly similar most days. Oats for breakfast with berries. Chicken/Tuna salad for Lunch with another piece of fruit and Steak and Veggies for dinner. I love dessert so always have frozen mangoes or chocolate. I do intermittent fasting some days but not all. Mostly skip breakfast if I don't feel like it. Probably 2-3 times a week regularity but this is not at all strict
2. I am similar and have been in the past victim to several fads. Reality is now that I have a young daughter, I try eat the way I would want her to eat. This is basically 80% whole foods, home cooked meals. 20% We splurge.

3. Biggest killer is portions. I have a big appetite. Always have. I sit at a comfortable 90kg when not measuring calories and eating as above but I think my optimal weight is around 86kg but stuff trying to lose weight with a newborn.

@Adam R Mundorf How about you? Hows the warrior diet treating you?
Mainly I fast during the day on zero calorie or close to zero calorie energy drinks/black coffee. Then I come home and have a 16oz glass of GTS Kombucha. Followed by 3 cups of whole milk Greek yogurt with fruit or maple syrup (maple syrup only twice a week) spread out about 20 to 30 minutes each. This either comes post workout or just simply after the kombucha. I then have a large spread out meal :
  1. Large Salad
  2. Steamed Vegetables
  3. Protein Source
    1. Pizza
    2. Eggs and Cheese
    3. Tortillas and Hummus
      1. If I have this, I don't have steamed veggies.
  4. Supplements
    1. Multi-Vitamin
    2. Fish Oil
    3. 5g Creatine
Overall, I really enjoy the Warrior Diet and always have. I also have an ongoing dialogue with Ori Hofmekler which helps if I have questions. I hate eating during the day and quite frankly I'm a bit too busy to really sit down for a meal. The only downside is that sometimes my work shifts back up too close and I either need to shovel down a meal or just fast for longer, which isn't optimal.

I live mostly on eggs and dairy these days. 90% of my meals fall into one of three groups: eggs (whether fried, boiled or baked), dairy-based mix (say heavy cream+powdered milk+cocoa powder+sugar - voila, a nutritious meal under five minutes), gelatin jello.

I struggle with eating enough vegetables - I never remember to buy them, if I do I will forget I was supposed to eat them and they go bad... Another problem is lack of quality affordable meat in my area - I can occasionally buy some from a small farmer, or I can order expensive wild game meat, neither is a feasible daily option. Same goes for honey - my hourly wage is about as much as a pound of it costs, so it's an occasional treat rather than a staple.

Hey Everybody,

What does your diet look like?
Why do you eat this way?
What's your biggest struggle with food?

Thank you, Adam

A loose version of Paleo.
Weekdays I often pack bananas or some other fresh fruit. Hard boiled eggs, fried up bacon. I keep a stash of canned tuna and sardines in my file cabinet at work. And of course, I always have a bottle of hot sauce nearby! Evenings I have dinner with the family and eat what I can. Worst case scenario I fry up some eggs. Try to avoid wheat but love my pizza and pasta too much, so I only have that sparingly.

When I'm in-season:

50% carbs
25-30% fat
20%-25% protein

Other than that, I mostly follow a low inflammation diet, as it helps my recovery.

Most of my carbs are consumed at night, after training.

80% of meals are stuff I cook myself using whole foods.

Last edited:
I mostly eat food I’ve cooked, reasonably healthy, though I just eat too much. I like eating.

And too much coffee I think. Want to try to give it up for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom