all posts post new thread

Off-Topic What's your source of motivation?

As the OP, I'll update that my focus group is my 8 kids (7 boys), who range in age from 16 to 32. (One doesn't count cuz he's been training independently for years.)
Also, I'll note that I will never give up here.... Some of them are new fathers and I talk to them about needing to be able to carry a stroller up multiple flights of steps, etc.
Others just some steady support, so their father will stop bugging them.

Also, I decided to take a path of lesser resistance, and get them started with bodyweight work.
I'm pushing @AleksSalkin 9 Minute Challenge as a low-hurdle start.

Results to date:
- 1 has started diligently and after less than a month found that some issues he has with picking stuff up with his hands, have almost disappeared. (A clear win for me! :) )
- 1 went with me to visit @Steve Freides when I came to the States the other week. He's started doing swings, but will need ongoing encouragement.
- 1 agreed to take kneepads and start crawling and doing some loaded carries. Some potential there.
And the youngest who has a very grueling academic schedule - I'm going to start crawling with him at night when he gets home.

So
.. a work in progress

As the OP, I'll update that my focus group is my 8 kids (7 boys), who range in age from 16 to 32. (One doesn't count cuz he's been training independently for years.)
Also, I'll note that I will never give up here.... Some of them are new fathers and I talk to them about needing to be able to carry a stroller up multiple flights of steps, etc.
Others just some steady support, so their father will stop bugging them.

Also, I decided to take a path of lesser resistance, and get them started with bodyweight work.
I'm pushing @AleksSalkin 9 Minute Challenge as a low-hurdle start.

Results to date:
- 1 has started diligently and after less than a month found that some issues he has with picking stuff up with his hands, have almost disappeared. (A clear win for me! :) )
- 1 went with me to visit @Steve Freides when I came to the States the other week. He's started doing swings, but will need ongoing encouragement.
- 1 agreed to take kneepads and start crawling and doing some loaded carries. Some potential there.
And the youngest who has a very grueling academic schedule - I'm going to start crawling with him at night when he gets home.

So
.. a work in progress
What could be more inspiring than a Dad so involved and leading the way??

Back
Top Bottom