all posts post new thread

Barbell when an 88yo deadlifts 88lbs...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kyle Schuant

Level 1 Valued Member
...the UBOAs step up to be as helpful as always.

The Starting Strength Coaches Who Taught An 88 Year Old To Deadlift… – Westminster Strength & Conditioning

"Every single person who walks into our gym will learn to strength train utilizing the basic barbell lifts or some variation to accommodate for age and injury history. We do it every day and we have helped thousands of people learn how to gain strength using a barbell. And we have very good reasons why we do it for everyone, particularly the elderly – they quite possibly need it more than anyone else."

No training method I have seen or used has as profound an effect on a person's looks, health and performance as their first 3-6 months of progressive resistance training using barbells. This applies whether they are 18 or 88. I would hope this is clear to all those here, but it does not always seem to be.

I have taught many older people to lift. It gives them their life back. Look at the video. Read the article. Apply it, and squat, press and pull, adding weight to the bar regularly, and have others you advise do so, too. And avoid the UBOAs.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom