all posts post new thread

Kettlebell When, exactly, does timeless simple arrive?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

John Howland

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey folks, is Timeless Simple achieved after near daily training with the 32kg bell for a full month? Or do you cut back the training as soon as you start incorporating all 10 sets with the 32?
I am two weeks into the near daily training with the 32 and it dawned on me that maybe you are supposed to cut back already.
Please advise! Thanks!

It’s a good question really!
The short answer is, the book doesn’t say when

I’d split it into 2:
  • Timeless achieved - In theory you’ve achieved it at the end of the week where you do all your sets with the 32 (my interpretation). That’s nice to sit back and be proud, but doesn’t help with anything ?
  • When to move on - up to you! If you want to move on to Full Simple, by all means do the 4 weeks to solidify before introducing shorter rests and heavier bells. If you want to move to other programs, up to you really when to do this
There is something to be said to take the full 4 weeks in any case to solidify your achievement...

Hello,

@John Howland
I do not know if the time standards are still of any value, but "back then" it was 5 minutes for all the swings at 32 and 10 minutes for all the GU at 32 as well.

Nonetheless, as @ClaudeR said, now, this is more about performing it multiple times on a precise calendar period (weeks)

Al Kavadlo considers he "owns" a specific move when he can perform it on any given day (either good or bad day) and at any moment of the day. I also add this principle to the 2 already mentioned.

I would also add that being able to performing it on a daily basis does not have to impair any other activities. To a certain extent, it does not have to tax more than brushing the teeth

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@John Howland
I do not know if the time standards are still of any value, but "back then" it was 5 minutes for all the swings at 32 and 10 minutes for all the GU at 32 as well.

Nonetheless, as @ClaudeR said, now, this is more about performing it multiple times on a precise calendar period (weeks)

Al Kavadlo considers he "owns" a specific move when he can perform it on any given day (either good or bad day) and at any moment of the day. I also add this principle to the 2 already mentioned.

I would also add that being able to performing it on a daily basis does not have to impair any other activities. To a certain extent, it does not have to tax more than brushing the teeth

Kind regards,

Pet'
I remember from S&S 2.0 that the timed version is done with S- weight and not the same simple S one. Same for tgu. Maybe I'm wrong As I'm not yet there

Thanks everybody for chiming in. Seems like there are various interpretations so I think I’ll just stick with it for the month and see how I feel at that point.

Yes concur with everyone - Timeless Simple should be solidified with 4 weeks of training with all 10 set of 32kg. Then move onto the next bell with reduced frequency

Yes concur with everyone - Timeless Simple should be solidified with 4 weeks of training with all 10 set of 32kg. Then move onto the next bell with reduced frequency
Do you have to move on and reduce frequency? Very much enjoying the timeless simple now as a daily workout.

It's never a question of if rather than when..

Put in your time, be mindful of your execution and take note of how you progress..

You'll arrive eventually and the lessons that come along with the process will be more valuable than the feat itself

What is timeless simple? Is it just the simple standard re named? I don't think I should buy sands 2.0 since I paid good money for the first one!!

What is timeless simple? Is it just the simple standard re named? I don't think I should buy sands 2.0 since I paid good money for the first one!!
Without giving too much away "timeless" simple is a step on the way to the simple standard from the first version.

The new book is quite different from the first in its progression tactics and provides much more clear information in many areas. If you can't afford or do not want to purchase the latest work then you'll certainly be fine with the first edition. It has made many people strong.

For myself and many others the second edition cleared up a lot of questions about progressions and workload and lays out a more antiglycotic approach. It was absolutely worth the (relatively cheap) cost to me to gain these new insights and approaches. An author has the right to delve deeper into previous work and update things based on what they've learned and I certainly wouldn't expect them to do that for work for free. It is their livelihood.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom