all posts post new thread

Off-Topic When Is Daylight Savings Time?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
Here in the US, we set our clocks ahead one hour tonight, actually at 02:00 tomorrow, March 13.

Where you live, do you have Daylight Savings Time and, if so, what is your changeover date? I know some states in the US and some countries don't do this at all, and among the places that have DST, the changeover date varies pretty widely.

-S-

I think it used to be the first weekend in April or the last weekend in March, and then they started changing it during the '74-75 energy crisis, if memory serves, in order to save energy.

-S-

2am sunday march 13 here in ontario canada. Yeehaw. Wish they would just do away with the changing of the time.

Some states in the US don't have it. I remember being in Laughlin, Nevada and learning this was the case it was near the Arizona border, and depending on where I was in the hotel, the time on my cell phone would change by an hour because Arizona didn't have DST.

@MattM, why do you think it will be done away with? During my lifetime, the length of DST has grown by about a month on each end.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom