all posts post new thread

Kettlebell When swing are easy: shorten rests or increase weight?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I just added heavier two handed swings and gradually shifted into one handed swings with the heavier bell when my swing progress at my current bell weight was slowing. That was when I was doing 10x10 one armed swings in 7-8 minutes.

I know it’s not by the book. It worked faster. Whatever

Last edited:
I just added heavier two handed swings and gradually shifted into one handed swings with the heavier bell when my swing progress at my current bell weight was slowing. That was when I was doing 10x10 one armed swings in 7-8 minutes.

I know it’s not by th

Don't you find that 2HS with the heavier kb is easier than 1HS with the lighter one?

Don't you find that 2HS with the heavier kb is easier than 1HS with the lighter one?
Depends on how much heavier you go. When I jumped from 24 to 32kg, I needed some time with two handed 32kg swings, and I would have sessions with 24kg one handed and the next day would would do 32kg two handed. With the 8kg jump I found it safer to get used to how the heavier bell swung with two hands first.

Currently, I have had no problem jumping up 4kg increments with one handed swings once I get down to 10 swings OTM. Your mileage may vary. I would rather increase by 4kg increments than 8kg-a bit safer

Last edited:
Depends on how much heavier you go. When I jumped from 24 to 32kg, I needed some time with two handed 32kg swings, and I would have sessions with 24kg one handed and the next day would woukd do 32kg two handed. With the 8kg jump I found it safer to get used to how the heavier bell swung with two hands first.

Currently, I have had no problem jumping up 4kg increments with one handed swings once I get down to 10 swings OTM. Your mileage may vary. I would rather increase by 4kg increments than 8kg-a bit safer

I might give that progression a try. I can easily do 1HS with the 24, but the 32 is still a challenge for 1hs. For 2hs it feels even easier than 1hs with the 24. I might also try @Steve Freides progression tactic.

Depends on how much heavier you go. When I jumped from 24 to 32kg, I needed some time with two handed 32kg swings, and I would have sessions with 24kg one handed and the next day would would do 32kg two handed. With the 8kg jump I found it safer to get used to how the heavier bell swung with two hands first.

I'm still considering buying a 36kg kettlebell to bridge the gap between the 32 and the 40kg 1h swings. It's too much of a jump for me. I've done the 100 swings 1h with the 40 a few times in my life, but it really is a big jump up in weight.

Nothing is set in stone. There's nothing wrong with some days doing higher reps with less weight, and other days more weight with less reps. As a matter of fact, I believe you're body will respond better with the variety. Lately I've been swinging using a variety of weights. I feel great

BTW- I'm not referring to the simple and sinister program by my comment. If you're doing S&S follow the rules as laid out in the book. Pavel is specific on when and how to move up in weight.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom