all posts post new thread

Kettlebell When to Reduce Training Frequency

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ThinkFast

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello,

Just looking for clarification on when the program drops from 5-6 times per week to 3-4 times per week. Is it when you achieve timeless simple weights or when you own timeless simple weights? The book uses both words on different pages when discussing how the program changes once you work up to timeless simple. Next week, my getups will be 10|10 with the 32 kg and swings will be 10|10 with the 40 kg. I was going to, at this point, drop the training frequency down to 3-4 times per week which would tremendously benefit my increasingly busy schedule. Thanks for any clarification.

Good question and sorry for missing out on it initially.

My humble recommendation would be to go by how you feel. The objective is that you get to the point you can do timeless simple any day without it having to take away from other tasks and objectives.

Hello,

Just looking for clarification on when the program drops from 5-6 times per week to 3-4 times per week. Is it when you achieve timeless simple weights or when you own timeless simple weights? The book uses both words on different pages when discussing how the program changes once you work up to timeless simple. Next week, my getups will be 10|10 with the 32 kg and swings will be 10|10 with the 40 kg. I was going to, at this point, drop the training frequency down to 3-4 times per week which would tremendously benefit my increasingly busy schedule. Thanks for any clarification.
Nice to have more recovery time when bells get to 32 and beyond. Give it a go with the 3-4 days.

Thank you for the replies. In terms of the timed practice days, what is your recommendation for rest periods? Pavel gives fairly loose guidelines and provides caveats but other than that is there anything specific you do for these days?

The talk test guideline is a good meterstick..

I usually recite something with 8 words of more and just be able to not catch my breath before, during or after the sentence. Then I know I'm ready

Thank you for the advice gentlemen. I had done my first timed practice on Friday. One arm swings with the 72 kg and getups with the 24 kg. I was panting through the swings with the shortened rest period but they weren't brutal.

The 24 kg is very light. I felt like I was rushing through the getups and probably could have done 10 straight without too much trouble (took about a minute break after the first 5).

Is it recommended to move through the getups this quickly on timed practice days?

The pre requisite before moving at a fast pace in the getup

1. Fully confident in each step
2. You have to be able to go super slow and stop at any given point including transition

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom