all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Where to begin?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I want to add my voice to the suggestion to walk every day. Just do it. Do become obsessive about it, but try to get out every day or at least most days. If you don't have the time to walk a couple of miles, then walk around the block before you go to work in the morning or after you come home or after dinner - takes 10 minutes and makes you feel better.

If your significant other likes to walk, so much the better if someone can watch the kids. One of my favorite things is simply to walk 15 - 20 minutes (about a mile) to a coffee shop with my wife, sit and have a cup of coffee, and walk home.

-S-

I walk on my days not training with a weighted vest. 30 mins minimum up to an hour depending on time in the morning. I think it helps to burn fat first thing in the morning in a fasted state. I also focus on my breathing and match the in and out breaths to my steps. Like in for 8 steps, hold for 4, our for 8 steps. I do not sit much at my job which is good so I get some more steps in for the day. When I was into the fitbit a few years ago I would easily get 10k steps per day.

@billyp, if you'd like to try the walking version of the straw breathing Pavel talks about in S&S, let me know and I can explain how to adjust your step counting accordingly.

-S-

@billyp, if you'd like to try the walking version of the straw breathing Pavel talks about in S&S, let me know and I can explain how to adjust your step counting accordingly.

-S-

@Steve Freides: Thanks! I will probably buy the S&S book but please feel free to explain away. Btw- I'm also a musician and have a guitar & amp repair shop in Toms River. Thanks for the offer for the breathing info!!

No hurry - read the S&S book, try the straw breathing, and holler if you want to learn more after that.

-S-

I'm going to make the old school recommendation of the Program Minimum from Enter the Kettlebell. It's a better starting off point if you are not in good shape than trying to jump into S&S.
I wish you well in your pursuit of better health.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom