all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Which barbell is better?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Depends a little on how much load and whip you're looking for. If you don't have a preference for more load and less whip, I would probably save the $50 and go for the 28.5mm utility bar.

Assuming you'll be using it for strength worth and not practising any explosive lifts, I like the look of the power bar. I'm more a fan of bare steel than the black coating on the other bar. If you keep it clean, it'll age really well and look awesome.

$300 really isn't all that much of an investment for something that will last you a long time.

If you want something flexible and whippy, that's another matter of course. In which case, a 'hybrid' or 'general purpose' bar probably isn't the best way to go either. That said, at sub 150kg/330lb loads it doesn't make that much of a difference.

@SukhpalGosal You know gyms are closed?

Careful of back orders and drop shippers.

@Bro Mo i dont have much of a preference .

@Chrisdavisjr thanks for the tips, i won't be doing too many explosion lifts probably just once in a while

@JeffC thanks, and yeah thats the reason i looking into a home gym. The company says stock will be in on may 15th so im waiting till then deciding what i want right now so i can quickly get it then.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom