all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Which bodyweight moves?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
StrongFirst Bodyweight Course | StrongFirst

SFB Bodyweight Certification Information | StrongFirst

Otherwise:

- The Naked Warrior (GTG 1OPUs and pistols)
- 2x3/week conventional pull-up training, alternated with Hardstyle HLRs (3-5 sets of 3-5 reps)
- barbell DL once a week - progressively heavier doubles to "comfortable max", or swings/snatches, 5-15 sets of 5-10 reps.

Simple.

Thank you! I want to follow SF teachings, so now I have the SF bodyweight program to follow! :)

The next bodyweight certification in Toronto and I'm there.

Just for convenience sake, the list of moves is:

• one arm pushups (GTG)
  • pistols (GTG)
  • Pullups (3-5 X 3-5 reps, 2-3 times a week) ALTERNATING WITH:
  • Hanging Leg Raises (3-5 X 3-5 reps, 2-3 times a week)
  • Barbell Deadlift (once a week, do sets of two progressively heavier until comfortable max is reached) OR kettlebell swings or snatches 5-15 sets of 5-10 reps.

Last edited:
StrongFirst Bodyweight Course | StrongFirst

SFB Bodyweight Certification Information | StrongFirst

Otherwise:

- The Naked Warrior (GTG 1OPUs and pistols)
- 2x3/week conventional pull-up training, alternated with Hardstyle HLRs (3-5 sets of 3-5 reps)
- barbell DL once a week - progressively heavier doubles to "comfortable max", or swings/snatches, 5-15 sets of 5-10 reps.

Simple.
By the way, do you have any thoughts on dips and N/L-sits on the parallel bars, since I have parallell bars? (Not everyone has parallell bars...)

Just for convenience sake, the list of moves is:

• one arm pushups (GTG)
  • pistols (GTG)
  • Pullups (3-5 X 3-5 reps, 2-3 times a week)
  • Barbell Deadlift (once a week, do sets of two progressively heavier until comfortable max is reached) OR kettlebell swings or snatches 5-15 sets of 5-10 reps.

That's what I wrote :)

Alternate pull-ups and HRLs.

By the way, do you have any thoughts on dips and N/L-sits on the parallel bars, since I have parallell bars? (Not everyone has parallell bars...)

Dips - great exercise, if you do them correctly.

N-L sits (and other static holds) - why not, if you program them correctly.

For time being, I would stick to the bodyweight powerlifts above. Once you learn all the strength skills at SFB, you will know how to do and how to plug-in any other bodyweight exercises in your training program.

Dips - great exercise, if you do them correctly.

N-L sits (and other static holds) - why not, if you program them correctly.

For time being, I would stick to the bodyweight powerlifts above. Once you learn all the strength skills at SFB, you will know how to do and how to plug-in any other bodyweight exercises in your training program.
Thanks. I actually think I hurt my shoulder doing dips, not doing them right.

What is driving me nuts is that there is one spot during the windmill of the TGU that hurts in my left shoulder making the move so unpleasant it just isn't worth it.
This is where an in-person session with an instructor could be helpful.

-S-

Just to set it out correctly:

• one arm pushups (GTG)
  • pistols (GTG)
  • Pullups (3-5 X 3-5 reps, 2-3 times a week) ALTERNATING WITH:
A few other things to tidy up the thread. I can't believe how long ago it seems when I wrote the last email here - I guess time doesn't really fly the way they say. In any case since then my shoulder has healed up completely and I'm back at S&S in vigour. The moves above were and continue to be a big help for me. At the time they allowed me to train correctly (i.e. à la Strongfirst) without any overhead movements with my shoulder, and now they're just great things to do in addition to S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom