all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Which GN program gave you the most results?

I am currently running Strong and nearly done with Phase 2 with 2x24kg. I want to ideally build muscle mass but appreciate I need to get strong first to achieve this. If I get my 2x24kg to my 10RM do you think the Giant will achieve the desired hypertrophy goals?
I’m currently halfway through phase 2 with 2x24.

I’m going the other way, losing 5kg in the last 6 weeks. But, I absolutely think either Strong or Giant would put muscle on if you eat like you want it.

I think if you finish Strong, and do one of the high volume Giant versions, and eat, you’ll do well.

I am currently running Strong and nearly done with Phase 2 with 2x24kg. I want to ideally build muscle mass but appreciate I need to get strong first to achieve this. If I get my 2x24kg to my 10RM do you think the Giant will achieve the desired hypertrophy goals?
Yes absolutely

If you eat just a little bit more than what you do now, absolutely

So many great programs by Geoff Neupert. I really liked the Giant programs. I'm guilty of program hopping but the Giant kept me on the program, because I both liked the sessions as wel as the results.
I really like to do STRONG but I don't have a 3-5rm pair.
For now I want to lean out a bit. On one hand I was thinking of alternating the Giant and KSK (either in blocks or ABA BAB style), but on the other hand I don't want to butcher the original intent for the programs. I also have RMF. I was thinking of doing either KSK or RMF for the coming weeks to get leaner and after that buy a 2nd bell for a 3-5rm pair and start STRONG.
In what program did you have better results for getting leaner? KSK or RMF?
If you want to do Strong and only have a 3-5RM pair I’d say do phase 1 anyway. For the next 24 workouts the most you’ll be doing are sets of 3. Once you do that you can reassess and maybe do a push press for phase 2.

If you want to do Strong and only have a 3-5RM pair I’d say do phase 1 anyway. For the next 24 workouts the most you’ll be doing are sets of 3. Once you do that you can reassess and maybe do a push press for phase 2.
Today I bought a 2nd 24kg. I will test my RM tomorrow, but I hope it wel be 4 or 5 RM. If it indeed is an 4-5RM I will start Strong with it. I wanted to start Strong last summer, but since I never done a double program I was conservative and bought a 2nd 20kg. But it turned out it was closer to a 10 reps. So I started some Giant training instead, but Strong kept calling me. I hope I'll like the program and the results for the coming months.

2x20 was a 9rm when I bought them last summer. I did Giant 1.0 with them. After that I changed some programs (bit too much of program hopping...). Late last year I started the beta test for Giant X. Again with 2x20. There were (again?) a 9 RM but now with an hard 10th rep. After Giant X the 2x20 now are 13rm. I'll keep you poste what the RM on 2x24 is later today.

Edit: just did the test and got 4 clean reps with the 5th being a grind. Sound like the good load to start Strong.

Last edited:
2x20 was a 9rm when I bought them last summer. I did Giant 1.0 with them. After that I changed some programs (bit too much of program hopping...). Late last year I started the beta test for Giant X. Again with 2x20. There were (again?) a 9 RM but now with an hard 10th rep. After Giant X the 2x20 now are 13rm. I'll keep you poste what the RM on 2x24 is later today.

Edit: just did the test and got 4 clean reps with the 5th being a grind. Sound like the good load to start Strong.

Good news! Go get it!

Sounds perfect for "Strong!"

I’ve ran Geoff’s programming for about 14 months now. One month of DFW and the rest of Giant. I took Giant from 24kgs to 60# to 30kgs. Super happy with it obviously or I wouldn’t still be running it. A year ago 90 C&P reps of 2x30kgs in 30 minutes would have been laughable, but now it’s just another weekday.
I nearly died first time I did Giant 1.0 with Double 16s and got over 90 something reps in a workout. Second time I got to 100 with 1.1 (or 2.0?) and it was manageable. I can’t imagine doing it with double 32s :eek:

For me favorites are Gaint 1.0, Giant 2.0 and upper back attack. It’s undeniable that the Giant seris packs on upper body muscle in a short amount of time (with right weight and nutrition of course).

Hey,
Anyone have knowledge/experience with Geoff's WOD?
I'm looking for a GPP program with variety of movements: wanting exposure to more than swings and GUs.

Easy Muscle is a great program for people on a tight budget or older. I have a pair of rings and a 36kg Kettlebell. I have a 32kg and 40kg I have loaned to friends to train with. Using Schedule C and feel great. Will probably run KSK in the winter because the humidity and high rep snatches are rough on the hands without chalk. Burn 2.0 is fantastic if you only have one bell and want to do a full body transformation.

I completed WOD a while back. I was new to KB training and think this should be the introductory programming for novices. It's five days a week of training. Three days are intense, while two days, sandwiched between the three, are active recovery days.

You will go through every KB movement from the most basic (swing, TGU, carries) to the advanced (double Sn). Training blocks are four weeks. And you will advance to more challenging movements. The training days are set up to be 15 minutes long, but you might choose to go longer some days. By the end, I did need some days off because it took it out of me (chains and complexes are brutal).

I have tried several of GN's programs, which are all great. But I like WOD so much that I started it again this week. I like the global training programmed in WOD. I feel worn down if there is too much focus on one area.

I cannot recommend this program enough.

ETA: WOD has 52 weeks of programming, so your entire year is mapped out.

Last edited:
Hey,
I'm looking for a GPP program with variety of movements: wanting exposure to more than swings and GUs.
I have it when it was originally released. You'll like it. Good variety and progression throughout with plenty of time leftover to work on other stuff.

Hey,
My wife ran it years ago and it was good variety to get her moving..

She eventually shifted to something more structured from Geoff

One of my personal favorites from the "secret menu" is KSIC

My wife ran it years ago and it was good variety to get her moving..

She eventually shifted to something more structured from Geoff

One of my personal favorites from the "secret menu" is KSIC
I've done that one as well. Great program!

Back
Top Bottom