all posts post new thread

Old Forum Which KB movement are you proudest of (y'know, where you think you kick butt)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ideaman

Level 3 Valued Member
So I thought I would post a "fun" topic and see what comes up, just for grins. Only rule is that it has to be an exercise in ETK... no self-created stuff.

Question is: which KB exercise/movement is the one you feel you "own", or is at least, the one that you feel you can really just crank out with solid form, either with extreme weight, or for huge reps, that makes you feel damn good about what you've accomplished to whatever point you are in Kettlebells?

I'm actually proudest of my Get Up because of the changes in my body that are displayed simply by being able to do one. Over the last year and a half I've opened up my hips, stabilized my shoulders, and increased T-spine mobility to the point that my movement is not recognizable as being done by the same person. Once I understood that the "hips-high" move is something you should be able to do, but should not be a limiting factor for going heavy in the Get Up, my progress became rapid. From a 28, a brief stop at 32, another at 36, now a PR of 3/side with 40s on my way to a Beast Get Up on my 50th birthday in January. May even tack-on 2 more kilos and make it a "Fifty on My Fiftieth" event.

For me it's the clean and press that I enjoy the most. I really feel great after doing ladders of clean and press alternated with bent over rows.

Good stuff! Bill- I think the 50 on 50th sounds fantastic! Either way, let us know how you go on the 'Beast Birthday'!

For myself, it isn't one exercise as of yet that does it, but rather a circuit where I'm able to just keep rockin with little to no rest between sets and someone else keeps up, but form stays solid for 15-20 minutes of pure torture and a deserved high 5 at the end.

For me it's snatches, I love passing the RKC snatch test, and I feel strong snatching heavier weights and than I can clean and press.

I was surprised at how well I could Snatch the KB. Still have problems with my Cleans though. :(

None. One aims for perfection but does one  ever truly achieve it?

Its the same when you get in a car. One moment your not focussed you pull out at a junction and crash your car. The same applies to weight training. One moment of mind wandering equals a moment of bad form which could equal injury.

The aim should be to get every rep to the highest standard possible.

Aaron, I completely agree. I don't think anyone ever achieves true perfection, but we aim for it and certain exercises simply feel better than others for all of us. One of the reasons for the post is to actually get everyone really thinking about their movements. As we all know, and you pointed out, when we focus we achieve. I know for myself, after asking the question and thinking about it, my next routine was more focused, trying to self-evaluate where I felt I thought I was best. In doing so, I was naturally then focusing on my form in every one of them.

Another reason was that it is kind of fun to hear the differences, as we all have our "go-to" exercises that simply come more naturally, or that we have worked hardest on, and those where we seem to constantly need more attention.

My hope is that this kind of post causes people to go exercise with more focus, self-evaluating whether they are doing their absolute best, or to discover there is some mind wander and therefore more focus needed. My hope is also to put a smile on a person's face when they think, and realize there IS a particular exercise they are proud of.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom