all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Which KBs rest low on your wrist?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi there,

In a couple of weeks I am going to buy a 24 kg bell.

My problem is: I have large hands (glove size 12) and most KBs sit directly on my wristbone. I have bought two comp bells from Denmark (I live in Germany) that are quite ok for me - and yet I have to extend my wrist a little to avoid jamming my wristbones. I even consider buying a new set with better dimensions, if there is one.

Which KBs have the largest clearance? I have heard that Wolverson's "Black Series" and "Competition Russian" have a larger clearance than usual. What about DD bells?

Fellow German here. I think the Wolverson Competition Russian are the best bet for a large clearance.
Sadly there are not many options for quality KBs here in Europe.

Check our Rogue Fitness, I believe they now operate in Europe as well as the states. They make the Thompson Fat Bell. The handle is inside the bell so nothing rests on your arms at all. They were designed for powerlifter Donnie Thompson.

@Kettlelephant-Thanks, I wasn't positive of their availability. They would be an okay substitute for some movements. Not so much for others.

This is the reason I prefer the ADER over the old RKC or PB bells.

The ADERS have a bigger handle window.

For Comp bells I have no idea but good luck!!

This is the reason I prefer the ADER over the old RKC or PB bells. The ADERS have a bigger handle window.
Yes to this. My wife uses mainstream kettlebells but the smaller handle window on the DD 12 kg made it rest on her wrist bones, so we had 12 kg from Ader here and they work well for her.

-S-

Thank you all for your suggestions! Unfortunately, so far I have only found a 6 kg Ader bell in Europe... Actually, I prefer cast iron bells because I like the rounded handle (for halos and goblet squats + curls).

Can anyone compare the Wolverson Black Series (Cast iron) with other brands?

@Steve Freides : Steve, would you mind measuring the space between the handle and the bell of Ader bell? I would like to know how a comfortable kettlebell is spaced.

@Bauer, best to ask the manufacturer - ours is old, probably 10 years or more, and I have no idea if the specification is still the same.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom