Which whey protein powder ?

Abdul-Rasheed

Quadruple-Digit Post Count
Some of you do not eat it, but some of you do. What is your preferred brand of choice for your whey protein powder? Thank you.

jca17

More than 300 posts
I use Optimum Nutrition Gold standard. I have no other reason then it being a top result on Amazon and Im satisfied with it.

Abdul-Rasheed

I have been using Pulsin Premium Whey Isolate, it takes a long time to get it shipped from UK to USA, not to mention that it is expensive. I am looking for high quality alternatives.

Last edited:

LukeV

More than 300 posts
I tend to use Casein because it is very filling so a double scoop (approx 50 grams) provides a whack of protein and an effective meal replacement.

I have purchased this and various other supplements from Bulk Nutrients with competitive prices (note $Australian), good service (lovely people to talk to) and no complaints for many years:

bulknutrients.com.au

Last edited:

Bret S.

Certified Instructor
Myprotein.com

Rated #2 at Labdoor. can't beat the pricing and quality, if you get on their Email list they have killer deals come up. They are set up in US and UK

Geoff Chafe

I use Kaizen Whey Isolate Costco Wholesale always mixed with whole milk. It goes on sale a few times a year and I stock up. Any Whey Isolate will work.

I used to take Casine before bed but it is too expensive for my taste now.

HUNTER1313

More than 500 posts
I use Progressive Nutrition. Not too bad and has a few healthy add ones. And their Canadian. I occasionally use whey 17.

damogari

The one with natural flavour. Its not easy to find it right here, there's about only 3 products without added flavour.

Geoff Chafe

I remember the old unflavoured and unsweetened whey proteins. I can never forget the flavour and taste. I could not go back to that. They were all gross.

Michael Scott

I use EAS 100% Whey Protein. Since I work for the company that owns EAS, I get a 2 lb tub for far less than the average consumer.

damogari

What are they? Which one do you use?
I used Trec, Extensor and Olimp. They are just basic whey concentrates, Trec was the easiest one to mix.

I remember the old unflavoured and unsweetened whey proteins. I can never forget the flavour and taste. I could not go back to that. They were all gross.
Haha, it looks like everyone is different. I prefer protein shake to be as tasteless as it can be. No flavour is the only flavour that never bored me. By the way I drink it with water, maybe thats why I prefer it without artificial sweeteners or flavour.

North Coast Miller

More than 2500 posts
Have to put in a plug for Bob's Red Mill whey protein. Picked up a bag as the Solgar "Whey to Go" I bought (usually buy whatever's on sale) tastes so bad I'm having a tough time choking it down.

Bob's is virtually tasteless and mixes well. Only two ingredients - whey isolate and sunflower lecithin. Good price.

Harry Westgate

More than 500 posts
I use Bulk Powders (a UK company; not sure if they ship elsewhere).

I use their unflavoured organic grass-fed whey protein concentrate (wow, that is a mouthful...), as it's the only product which ticks all these boxes - as advised by Ori Hofmekler - that I've been able to get my hands on, and it's very reasonably priced.

Geoff Chafe

Haha, it looks like everyone is different. I prefer protein shake to be as tasteless as it can be. No flavour is the only flavour that never bored me. By the way I drink it with water, maybe thats why I prefer it without artificial sweeteners or flavour.
Old whey protein formulas were not odourless or tasteless. They all tasted and smelled like s***. Eventually they started adding flavours and sweeteners to cover up the horrible taste. At some point they figured out the formulations and it was not as much of a chore drinking that stuff. Does anyone else remember the rancid protein powders 20+ years ago?

North Coast Miller

More than 2500 posts
Old whey protein formulas were not odourless or tasteless. They all tasted and smelled like s***. Eventually they started adding flavours and sweeteners to cover up the horrible taste. At some point they figured out the formulations and it was not as much of a chore drinking that stuff. Does anyone else remember the rancid protein powders 20+ years ago?
They were horrible...

Top Bottom