all posts post new thread

Nutrition Which whey protein powder ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abdul-Rasheed

Level 6 Valued Member
Some of you do not eat it, but some of you do. What is your preferred brand of choice for your whey protein powder? Thank you.

I use Optimum Nutrition Gold standard. I have no other reason then it being a top result on Amazon and Im satisfied with it.

I have been using Pulsin Premium Whey Isolate, it takes a long time to get it shipped from UK to USA, not to mention that it is expensive. I am looking for high quality alternatives.

Last edited:
I tend to use Casein because it is very filling so a double scoop (approx 50 grams) provides a whack of protein and an effective meal replacement.

I have purchased this and various other supplements from Bulk Nutrients with competitive prices (note $Australian), good service (lovely people to talk to) and no complaints for many years:

bulknutrients.com.au

Last edited:
Myprotein.com

Rated #2 at Labdoor. can't beat the pricing and quality, if you get on their Email list they have killer deals come up. They are set up in US and UK

I use Kaizen Whey Isolate Costco Wholesale always mixed with whole milk. It goes on sale a few times a year and I stock up. Any Whey Isolate will work.

I used to take Casine before bed but it is too expensive for my taste now.

I use Progressive Nutrition. Not too bad and has a few healthy add ones. And their Canadian. I occasionally use whey 17.

The one with natural flavour. Its not easy to find it right here, there's about only 3 products without added flavour.

I remember the old unflavoured and unsweetened whey proteins. I can never forget the flavour and taste. I could not go back to that. They were all gross.

I use EAS 100% Whey Protein. Since I work for the company that owns EAS, I get a 2 lb tub for far less than the average consumer.

What are they? Which one do you use?

I used Trec, Extensor and Olimp. They are just basic whey concentrates, Trec was the easiest one to mix.

I remember the old unflavoured and unsweetened whey proteins. I can never forget the flavour and taste. I could not go back to that. They were all gross.

Haha, it looks like everyone is different. I prefer protein shake to be as tasteless as it can be. No flavour is the only flavour that never bored me. By the way I drink it with water, maybe thats why I prefer it without artificial sweeteners or flavour.

Have to put in a plug for Bob's Red Mill whey protein. Picked up a bag as the Solgar "Whey to Go" I bought (usually buy whatever's on sale) tastes so bad I'm having a tough time choking it down.

Bob's is virtually tasteless and mixes well. Only two ingredients - whey isolate and sunflower lecithin. Good price.

I use Bulk Powders (a UK company; not sure if they ship elsewhere).

I use their unflavoured organic grass-fed whey protein concentrate (wow, that is a mouthful...), as it's the only product which ticks all these boxes - as advised by Ori Hofmekler - that I've been able to get my hands on, and it's very reasonably priced.

Haha, it looks like everyone is different. I prefer protein shake to be as tasteless as it can be. No flavour is the only flavour that never bored me. By the way I drink it with water, maybe thats why I prefer it without artificial sweeteners or flavour.

Old whey protein formulas were not odourless or tasteless. They all tasted and smelled like s***. Eventually they started adding flavours and sweeteners to cover up the horrible taste. At some point they figured out the formulations and it was not as much of a chore drinking that stuff. Does anyone else remember the rancid protein powders 20+ years ago?

Old whey protein formulas were not odourless or tasteless. They all tasted and smelled like s***. Eventually they started adding flavours and sweeteners to cover up the horrible taste. At some point they figured out the formulations and it was not as much of a chore drinking that stuff. Does anyone else remember the rancid protein powders 20+ years ago?

They were horrible...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom