all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Which would you recommend?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Michael Scott

Level 7 Valued Member
To all on here that are far more knowledgeable than myself, I have a question for you.

First off, I am not nearly as limber as I should be, or as I want to be, at age 50 and overweight. I cannot touch my toes. I have tried the "bretzel", and that is not in my immediate future.

So, what I am looking for is guidance, to point me towards a book to guide me, along with my S&S, to progress to better overall health.

Would Flexible Steel, or Super Joints be a better place to begin? Or, is there another book that would be better to begin with? I do know basic stretching, but I am looking for more of an overall a program that I can incorporate into my daily routine to become more flexible. Thank you in advance for your advice & suggestions.

If one book, Flexible Steel. If two books, Flexible Steel and Relax Into Stretch _or_ Super Joints. If three books, Flexible Steel, Super Joints, and R.I.S.

If three books, read R.I.S. first, then S.J., then F.S.

-S-

To all on here that are far more knowledgeable than myself, I have a question for you.

First off, I am not nearly as limber as I should be, or as I want to be, at age 50 and overweight. I cannot touch my toes. I have tried the "bretzel", and that is not in my immediate future.

So, what I am looking for is guidance, to point me towards a book to guide me, along with my S&S, to progress to better overall health.

Would Flexible Steel, or Super Joints be a better place to begin? Or, is there another book that would be better to begin with? I do know basic stretching, but I am looking for more of an overall a program that I can incorporate into my daily routine to become more flexible. Thank you in advance for your advice & suggestions.
Exactly what @Steve Freides said.
I try to incorporate at least some elements from SJ/FS, RIS, on an almost daily basis. The stuff works...

I think I will start with Flexible Steel & Super Joints, those sound like a good place to start based on the reviews & overviews. Thank you both for the recommendations.

I think I will start with Flexible Steel & Super Joints, those sound like a good place to start based on the reviews & overviews. Thank you both for the recommendations.

@Steve Freides summed it up perfectly. Had a similar question some while ago and started a thread on that as well. In the end it came down to those three books. Today I am starting practicing a couple of drills from Flexible Steel that I want to make part of my daily life.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom