all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Whiskey Lovers

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TravisS

Level 5 Valued Member
Whiskey Lovers.... what type of whiskey do you like? What's your favorite?

I personally love them all. I got into whiskey at the beginning of 2016. I love bourbon, scotch, and irish. It took me a little while to warm up to scotch especially the smokey peaty stuff but I love it now.

I really got into this hobby bigtime. I have probably tasted over 100 different whiskies already.

My favorite bourbon currently is Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Favorite Scotch is hard to say since there is such a range of flavors. I would say for sherry scotches it would be Aberlour Abund'h and for smokey peaty scotch it would be Ardbeg Uigeadail. Irish whiskey my favorite would be Red Breast 12 Cask Strength.

Lets hear what everyone likes.

Although I'm not a huge whiskey fan, I'll always have a fond place in my heart for it. I didn't drink until I met my wife, and she introduced me to bourbon. Nothing fancy - Wild Turkey and Jim Beam. I still don't drink much, but it doesn't take a lot to convince me to have a bourbon on the rocks to celebrate or relax.

-S-

Hello,

Japanese ones for me. I like Nikka. Nevertheless I drink only on a few times to celebrate.

As a french, I also enjoy good wines...just to celebrate also

Kind regards,

Pet'

My favorite Bourbon is Elijah Craig 12 year old (not the 18). Woodford, Jefferson, and Bulleit are also very good. If I have to have a "Well Whiskey", I usually ask for Makers Mark.

Irish Whiskey....I'd go with Jameson.

I'm not a big Scotch guy, but I like the Macallan Cask Strength.

I thought craft beer was an expensive hobby, whiskey sounds worse.
It is expensive but it lasts longer... buying a liter of beer for $20 that you can consume in 1 evening takes its toll on the pocketbook!

Oban.

If I'm drinking Bourbon, which isn't very often, I like Maker's Mark.

If you like Makers, have your tried Makers 46, Makers Cask Strength, Larceny, WL Weller Special Reserve, WL Weller Antique 107, Rebel Yell single barrel?

All are wheated bourbons and would have a similar mash bill.

If you like Makers, have your tried Makers 46, Makers Cask Strength, Larceny, WL Weller Special Reserve, WL Weller Antique 107, Rebel Yell single barrel?

All are wheated bourbons and would have a similar mash bill.

No I haven't. My dad used to get the Rebel Yell whenever we were on vacation - couldn't get it North of the Mason Dixon at the time. I've never tried the single barrel.

Mostly I content myself with Johnny Walker Red or Dewars. On rare occasions I'll spend the extra $ on something nicer.

My current focus is getting back into home-brewing my beer.

I'm a fan of Knob Creek Bourbon. I can never quite decide if the pop-rocks like explosive feeling is deep developed flavor or a symptom of chemical burn :p Highly recommended. That said I don't know if it's getting healthier over the past few years, older or what but I seem to have lost the taste for drinks.

I prefer single malts, but bourbon and Irish has their own place in my heart too.

Laphroaig: 18, Lore, or Triple Wood
Oh man. I love Laproaig. I recently had a bottle of Quarter Cask. Islay stuff is my passion. I'm planning to open Jura Prophecy, which is not Islay malt, but from the island next to it. I've been told that you can see paps of Jura from Islay coast. I like Ardbeg 10 yo and Caol Ila 12 yo too, but I must say that my reference is Lagavulin 16 yo.

His other favorite is Johnnie Walker Double Black. Smoky!!

I can appreciate them to a degree, but I'd rather have wine than whiskey. :)

Laphroaig: 18, Lore, or Triple Wood

Oh man. I love Laproaig. I recently had a bottle of Quarter Cask. Islay stuff is my passion. I'm planning to open Jura Prophecy, which is not Islay malt, but from the island next to it. I've been told that you can see paps of Jura from Islay coast. I like Ardbeg 10 yo and Caol Ila 12 yo too, but I must say that my reference is Lagavulin 16 yo.

I dig islay whiskies as well... I have so many open bottles I try to only keep 1 peated scotch open at a time since it takes me so long to drink them. My current open islay is Laphroaig 10 yr Cask Strength!!!
If you like Ardbeg 10 and Lagavulin 16 yr, try Ardbeg Uigeadail. IMO, best of both worlds!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom