all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Whiskey Lovers

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Glenmorangie, a 10 y.o. single malt was on sale last weekend, $10 off, so, my son & I tucked into it. Good drink, smooth, and it has a slightly sweet finish. I may just buy this again.

My quick strength and whiskey story…

My neighbor(single woman) asked me to help her unload a whiskey barrel she bought on vacation for a display piece… she said that she would go ask the other neighbor guy as well as the barrel weighed 130lbs… I told her I could handle it…. I unloaded her barrel with ease despite it being “heavy”, large, and awkward. As I set it down in her garage I noticed a sloshing noise like it had some liquid in it… not just a trace amount… like maybe a gallon. I told her how I was into whiskey and asked if I could dump it and see what the liquid looked like and if it was actually whiskey, water, or what. The stuff that came out was BLACK.... you would rather drink river water than what came out...

After filtering it through 60 coffee filters(they kept plugging up)…. I’m happy to say I now have 3 bottles of barrel proof Jack Daniels. My buddy distills his own stuff so I had him test the alcohol content and it clocked in at 129.7 proof!! I’m not a huge JD fan but this stuff is amazing!!

A few pics in this album
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PuPtbNQEP5Wo9H7Z7

Had a couple more new ones last night(Irish). The Dubliner Bourbon Cask finished. Its non age stated but a minimum of 3 yr old. About $30 cost. It was pretty tasty with notes of honey and nuts. The second was Tullamore Dew 12 yr old. Aged in ex bourbon cask and Sherry barrels. Had notes of baking spice, red fruits, nuttiness, and a sweetness similar to honey but not quite sure. I think that one was around $45.

I too am a big fan of exploring whiskeys. I lean towards Scotch Whiskeys. Not a big fan of Peaty Scotches but I do own Lagavulin and Laphroaig. It's such a fun endeavor to try new Whiskeys and explore your palate.

I prefer slightly sweeter but full bodied Whiskeys.

Glennfidich 14 is my favorite. In fact I love almost all GlennFidich, especially the CASK collections you get in the Duty Free Stores.

I've only ever had glenfiddich 12. It was pretty good. Have not explored any others from that distillery. I enjoy all the glenmorangie line that I've had though.

For not liking peat, lagavulin and laphroaig are heavy hitters in that category!

Managed to pick this up for £12.99 (about 17 dollars) - hopefully it's nice so I don't have to keep touching the blue label!IMG_20180914_115857.jpg

I've only ever had glenfiddich 12. It was pretty good. Have not explored any others from that distillery. I enjoy all the glenmorangie line that I've had though.

For not liking peat, lagavulin and laphroaig are heavy hitters in that category!

Glenfiddich 12 is one of those fine spirits with which you cannot be wrong.

Speaking of Irish Whyskey:
Redbreast 12 y/o is one fine spirit. I can't recommend it enough.

If you haven't tried the RB 12 cask strength version..... you need to... its miles ahead of the normal 12 yr in my opinion.

This month, my cousin from Canada was in town. We picked up a bottle of the Balvenie Double Barrel 12 year old. Excellent

Then for Thanksgiving, I went to my Aunt's house with 31 of my closest relatives. Knocking on the door with my elbows, I brought a bottle of Highland Park 12 Viking.

It was a hit and at such a decent price point. $43

I have not had the HP 12 Viking. Looking it up, it appears it might just be a different bottle and just be the standard 12 yr which I've had. The Balvenie 12 yr Doublewood was my first scotch that I enjoyed and the first bottle I purchased. Both good drams.

Jameson Whisky, a few drops of water and you're golden.
The Gaelic is uisce beatha= water of life.
I have to confess I don't have too much life about me the day after if I over indulge in the water if life.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom