all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Whiskey Lovers

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Latest discovery here is bourbon, our favorite whiskey: Eagle Rare.

-S-

You know, I heard a lot of hype about Eagle Rare. I am in northwest Arkansas and any Buffalo Trace product is pretty hard to come by. Regular BT is hard to find until you make friends with multiple businesses. I am a huge fan of BT and Colonel Taylor.

I have to say that I didn’t care for Eagle Rare at all. There was something off putting about it for me. I tried letting it mix with air for a couple weeks, adding some water, ice, etc.

I think I’m in the minority with that opinion, though. I would drink their bottom shelf Benchmark before ER.

They also make 1792, I think - that was highly recommended but we didn't care for it at all.

-S-

With christmas/the holidays approaching: do you folks have a secret recipe for homemade Irish Cream?

have to say that I didn’t care for Eagle Rare at all. There was something off putting about it for me.
I've always enjoyed Eagle Rare, but must note that BT has been a go-to for some time, at less than $20 USD where I am.

You know, I heard a lot of hype about Eagle Rare. I am in northwest Arkansas and any Buffalo Trace product is pretty hard to come by. Regular BT is hard to find until you make friends with multiple businesses. I am a huge fan of BT and Colonel Taylor.

I have to say that I didn’t care for Eagle Rare at all. There was something off putting about it for me. I tried letting it mix with air for a couple weeks, adding some water, ice, etc.

I think I’m in the minority with that opinion, though. I would drink their bottom shelf Benchmark before ER.

I've heard a lot of similar things in some of the whiskey enthusiast groups I'm in. I think its just ok and have only ever purchased one bottle. I would rather drink just about any other BT product. A lot of people say it has a musty/dirt note to it.

They also make 1792, I think - that was highly recommended but we didn't care for it at all.

-S-
Just an FYI: 1792 is made by the Barton Distillery and not Buffalo Trace which makes Eagle Rare. If you didn't care for the Small batch 1792, look into the single barrel or Full Proof. Both very good as well as one of their newer products Bottled in Bond.

Knocked back few drams of Springbank 10 yo yesterday. It's so good.:rolleyes:

That is a really good whiskey. Unfortunately it’s the only springbank I’ve had. They are pretty pricy and haven’t been able to bring myself to purchasing another.

That is a really good whiskey. Unfortunately it’s the only springbank I’ve had. They are pretty pricy and haven’t been able to bring myself to purchasing another.
Twenty years ago I had a chance to taste 4 cl of Springbank Local Barley from 60's. Bottled @ age of 33 if my memory serves. Nowadays those bottles are around £ 4000. That was a helluva good dram. But other than that my experience about Springbanks are limited too.

knob creek

small batch or single barrel? I prefer the higher proof single barrel personally. The first bottle of whiskey I ever purchased for myself was a 9 yr age stated knob creek small batch. Good stuff.

small batch or single barrel? I prefer the higher proof single barrel personally. The first bottle of whiskey I ever purchased for myself was a 9 yr age stated knob creek small batch. Good stuff.
single barrel. But both are great.

That single barrel is sooooo smoooth for 120 proof.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom