all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Why are there no pull ups in Simple and Sinister?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

GalifreyTourist

Level 3 Valued Member
I was just wondering why Pull ups are not recommended in the simple and sinister program? Aren't pulls one of the fundamental human movements? Do swings really replace pull ups?

The two exercises in S&S cannot possibly be considered as representing all the ways in which people move. It is a foundational program not a "complete" program - big difference.

-S-

First off, thumbs up on your user ID.:)

On your question, I'd say the same as Steve too. People often look at S&S and find holes; what about this, or that, chest, calves, biceps, etc.?

While being a pretty complete program, it's not a complete program. It's a "most bang for the buck" or "minimum effective dose" program, for busy people who want to get in effective workouts, in a short amount of time. I've found it great for overall strength and mobility, and I think the concept of more frequent sessions of moderate intensity is great for me as I've gotten older.

In addition, I wouldn't say that pullups are "not recommended", just that they weren't included in the original program - probably in the interest of "bang for the buck". If you want to add them, I doubt it would be a problem. If it were me, I would probably GTG pullups. That's what I plan to do with pushups when I'm able to get back to more regular S&S sessions.

In addition, I wouldn't say that pullups are "not recommended", just that they weren't included in the original program - probably in the interest of "bang for the buck". If you want to add them, I doubt it would be a problem. If it were me, I would probably GTG pullups. That's what I plan to do with pushups when I'm able to get back to more regular S&S sessions.

Great to hear others who thinks of incorporating GTG´s with S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom