all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Why can’t I tuck planche?

Randomuser12345

First Post
Seen as I can’t find any explanation on yt, I’ll ask here. I have very good strength, 50+ push-ups, 20 pull-ups etc and very strong core as I am an athlete. I see many much weaker people do tuck planches with ease but I just can’t get my feet up. It feels as though my feet get heavy and just won’t lift. I think I could hold it if I could get my feet up. Any tips or strength exercises?

Best to send video of your attempts at a tuck planche and then we can try to help. It may very well be a technique/form issue. Video yourself, upload to a public place, then post a link to that here on our forum.

-S-

Reactions: Ege
Strength is very specific…

Also, in regards to leverages, you’ll note many of these athletes who are “weaker” may have proportions more suited to planche I.e. shorter, lighter limbs.

I know my long limbs and heavy bottom end make planche a great challenge, not to mention I’m 1.8 meters tall.

Being strong in certain movements will carryover, but you must practice the specific move consistently to improve on it.

As others have suggested, it is highly specific. Approach tuck planches as skills. Don't make the mistake many people commit of thinking that you are not strong enough because you can't do them for the time being.

You might need to lean forward more.

I'm not that strong and even I feel my feet getting lighter and lighter, the more I lean forward from the top of pushup position/plank.

Back
Top Bottom