all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Why hack squats?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

the hansenator

Level 6 Valued Member
I've been contemplating and experimenting with hack squats and am curious why they are done the way they are? Of all the different squat exercises, what unique benefit comes from hack squats and what would be the motivation to do that exercise instead of a different one? Like, do they work a particular muscle or work the muscles in a unique way that offers some benefit?

I'm considering adding hack squats to my routine so I'd just like to know more about them. Thanks.

I've never done them. I'm curious as well. They are the ones that look like a deadlift but the bar is behind you, right? A quick google search stated theyvtarget the quads.

Regards,

Eric

Oops, I see the title says back squats but I meant it to say hack squats. I'm referring to the kettlebell style hack squat with heels together, toes out, and coming up on the balls of the feet.

They're great for ankle and knee stability. Great for the adductors. The more upright you are the heavier they hit the core. Good for the quads too.

I consider them close cousins to the Sissy Squat.

Oops, I see the title says back squats but I meant it to say hack squats. I'm referring to the kettlebell style hack squat with heels together, toes out, and coming up on the balls of the feet.
I fixed the title for you.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom