all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Why Peter Attia Changed His Mind on Fasting

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I'm not going to lie.
Every man I've seen in a gym wearing jeans while working out is always a beast.
Levis might be the secret sauce.

Side note: I could swear either Pavel or Dan John wrote an article once about why you should deadlift in khakis. I can't find it anymore though and wonder if it was a fever dream.

The last time I saw a dude working out in jeans was when Clint Eastwood was hanging out with orangutans.

There are many factors that may be contributing to why IF was not working for him and his clients.
But really it is anecdotal.
We're they losing muscle mass because they weren't strength training?
There are many members on this forum that do fine, and are much older than Peter, and setting records with minimalist training and warrior diet style approaches to their nutrition.
Peter comes across as an extremist, much like Shawn Baker. Both of which I believe to be flags that point in which ever direction the wind (money) is flowing.

There are many factors that may be contributing to why IF was not working for him and his clients.
But really it is anecdotal.
We're they losing muscle mass because they weren't strength training?
There are many members on this forum that do fine, and are much older than Peter, and setting records with minimalist training and warrior diet style approaches to their nutrition.
Peter comes across as an extremist, much like Shawn Baker. Both of which I believe to be flags that point in which ever direction the wind (money) is flowing.

This isn't about IF or Warrior Diet, though.

It's multi-day fasting at regular frequencies.

Last edited:
Somewhere I have a video of me lifting after church on a Sunday doing a straddle deadlift with a 2" axle bar in dress clothes with 300 lbs, if memory serves. I'll see if I can find it. Cue "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top. :)

-S-

I'm not going to lie.
Every man I've seen in a gym wearing jeans while working out is always a beast.
Levis might be the secret sauce.

Side note: I could swear either Pavel or Dan John wrote an article once about why you should deadlift in khakis. I can't find it anymore though and wonder if it was a fever dream.
Tight jeans used to be the poor person's version of a squat suit. It absolutely adds lbs.

Better to be lucky than to be good. Sleep soundly knowing you did the best you can and not everything is under your control. See: The Serenity Prayer.

-S-

Guinness Stout is wonderful. It's a cross between a beer and a milkshake.

-S-
Guinness is great. Stouts, porters, ales and lagers are all very tasty.

Nothing worse than a lager snob haha

Card carrying CAMRA member. ;)

EwnecO-WUAIz2Ih.jpg:large

Tell that to the OGs! I'd rather believe them than some modern time nonsense... and have my beer.

Trappist monks weren't shooting for zero calories nor trying to instigate autophagy.

Fasting was for spiritual reasons, and I'm sure the booze on an otherwise empty stomach helped.

Card carrying CAMRA member. ;)

EwnecO-WUAIz2Ih.jpg:large
Haha I have been known to borrow a beer engine for UK ales, but I brew lots of rice lagers too. Euro pils have too much flavour for me, but then again, Aussie lagers aren’t exactly about flavour, drinkability is key. Especially in summer

Back
Top Bottom